Eric: Ahhh... nothing says 'wedding' like 'getting rid of some crap!'
And hello and good morning, action force! It's the start of a new week -- and as it works out, a pretty important week for Weds and I. We get up tomorrow morning, bright and early, and head down to Boston to board a plane which then takes us to Las Vegas, Nevada. There, I go to a work related conference with other folks from work. In the evenings, we hang out and listen to the sounds of the bells.
And then, at the end of the week, there's a wedding. And that's downright awesome.
Needless to say, of course, we need more money than we currently have. And as we have done before and promised to do this time, we're turning to eBay -- land of getting rid of stuff -- to raise said funds while also clearing some room. It's win-win!
My eBay page is still here, and there's about 30 items up right now with more being added this afternoon. It's cool stuff! Here's a few highlights:
- We've got lots of GURPS stuff! Everything from heavy hitters like GURPS Psionics, GURPS Time Travel or GURPS Martial Arts to more esoteric things like GURPS Mecha, GURPS Timeline or GURPS Planet Krishna!
- On the Dungeons and Dragons side of things, there's the intensely cool Epic Level Handbook, Savage Species and the Psionics Handbook -- hurrah for brown rulebooks!
- Want to destroy the world? The epic World of Darkness: Time of Judgment shows you ways to do it in Changeling, Demon, Hunter, Mummy and Kindred of the Far East!
- Thanks to Weds and I both owning lots of In Nomine -- you'll recall that's a line I've written for -- we have some beautiful copies of In Nomine books up. If you've ever been interested (or wanted to expand your collection), there's lots here. Try the Game Master's Guide, Angelic Player's Guide, Infernal Player's Guide or Ethereal Player's Guide on for size!
- And, if you're not a roleplaying fan, try a hardback edition of the first Planetary or the first Top 10 volume on for size, with more coming later today! Warren Ellis or Alan Moore -- either way, that's pretty good soup.
- Not so much with Ellis or Moore, but like the art of the comic? Why not try Flight? We have Volume 1 and Volume 2 for you.
- And if nothing appeals that I've mentioned, there's always Kermit the Frog's autobiography. His felty, felty autobiography.
I won't kid you -- this has been a very expensive month for us. Between moving, getting household stuff set up, and preparing for a Wedding (just because we're going the Vegas route doesn't mean there's not, y'know, money that needs spendin') things are a lot tighter than we'd hoped for this stage of things. If folks have an inclination to use the donation button on the sidebar, we'd certainly be appreciative, though I'd admit I feel odd asking for that. Thus, we put stuff up for sale, and continue to do so. So please, bid early, bid often, and tip your waitresses. You know, your waitress doesn't get paid very much -- it's your appreciation that means she eats. Now, please enjoy the dulcet tones of mister Rudy Vallee.
Posted by Eric Burns-White at June 16, 2008 9:25 AM
Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy posted at June 16, 2008 1:08 PM
The comments alone are worth checking them out.
I'm pondering the Flight ones -- do you know if they have Johan... I think it's Johanna? Um. She (I think the gender is female) did some egyptian-themed stuff for at least one of the Flight anthologies, but I don't recall which one...
Flight #1 has: Bengal, Bill Mudron, Caita Chien, Chris Appelhas, Clio Chiang, Derek Kirk Kim, Dylan Meconis, Enrico Casarosa, Erika Moen, Hope Larson, Jacob Magraw-Mickelson, Jake Parker, Jen Wang, Joel Carroll, Kazu Kibuishi, Kean Soo, Khang Le, Neil Babra, Philip Craven, Rad Sechrist and Vera Brosgol.
Flight #2 has: Michel Gagne, Doug TenNapel, Catia Chien, Jake Parker, Sonny Liew, Khang Le, Neil Babra, Don Hertzfeldt, Jen Wang, Kazu Kibuishi, Hope Larson, Becky Cloonan, Matthew Woodson, Kean Soo, Phil Craven, Rodolphe Guenoden, Doug Holgate, Rad Sechrist, Justin Ridge, Herval, Bannister, Clio Chiang, Ryan Sias, Johane Matte, Jeff Smith, Giuseppe Ferrario, Ben Hatke, Amy Kim Gantner, Joana Carneiro, Kness, Richard Pose and Vera Brosgol.
First: That Planetary, a buy it now price of 50 bucks? Is that the Absolute edition or something?
Second: I know what you mean by expensive, wayy too much. I have a wedding coming up, reception and all. A move to...somewhere, depending where she gets her job after her internship. And..yeah. Money being tight isn't even remotely accurate for me. Money being non existant is.
... *ponders selling all his old RPG stuff*
Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy posted at June 17, 2008 11:17 AM
Time for me to go place some bids! Thanks for the author listing.
Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy posted at June 17, 2008 11:31 AM
I had to take pictures. The IPG is currently at $6.66. At 1d 11h.
Post a comment
Thanks for signing in, . Now you can comment. (sign out)(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)