« State of the Web(Cartoonist): Ryan North | Main | I roll to disbelieve. »

Eric: Ahhh... nothing says 'wedding' like 'getting rid of some crap!'

And hello and good morning, action force! It's the start of a new week -- and as it works out, a pretty important week for Weds and I. We get up tomorrow morning, bright and early, and head down to Boston to board a plane which then takes us to Las Vegas, Nevada. There, I go to a work related conference with other folks from work. In the evenings, we hang out and listen to the sounds of the bells.

And then, at the end of the week, there's a wedding. And that's downright awesome.

Needless to say, of course, we need more money than we currently have. And as we have done before and promised to do this time, we're turning to eBay -- land of getting rid of stuff -- to raise said funds while also clearing some room. It's win-win!

My eBay page is still here, and there's about 30 items up right now with more being added this afternoon. It's cool stuff! Here's a few highlights:

I won't kid you -- this has been a very expensive month for us. Between moving, getting household stuff set up, and preparing for a Wedding (just because we're going the Vegas route doesn't mean there's not, y'know, money that needs spendin') things are a lot tighter than we'd hoped for this stage of things. If folks have an inclination to use the donation button on the sidebar, we'd certainly be appreciative, though I'd admit I feel odd asking for that. Thus, we put stuff up for sale, and continue to do so. So please, bid early, bid often, and tip your waitresses. You know, your waitress doesn't get paid very much -- it's your appreciation that means she eats. Now, please enjoy the dulcet tones of mister Rudy Vallee.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at June 16, 2008 9:25 AM

Comments

Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at June 16, 2008 1:08 PM

The comments alone are worth checking them out.

I'm pondering the Flight ones -- do you know if they have Johan... I think it's Johanna? Um. She (I think the gender is female) did some egyptian-themed stuff for at least one of the Flight anthologies, but I don't recall which one...

*hugs y'all*

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at June 16, 2008 1:20 PM

Flight #1 has: Bengal, Bill Mudron, Caita Chien, Chris Appelhas, Clio Chiang, Derek Kirk Kim, Dylan Meconis, Enrico Casarosa, Erika Moen, Hope Larson, Jacob Magraw-Mickelson, Jake Parker, Jen Wang, Joel Carroll, Kazu Kibuishi, Kean Soo, Khang Le, Neil Babra, Philip Craven, Rad Sechrist and Vera Brosgol.

Flight #2 has: Michel Gagne, Doug TenNapel, Catia Chien, Jake Parker, Sonny Liew, Khang Le, Neil Babra, Don Hertzfeldt, Jen Wang, Kazu Kibuishi, Hope Larson, Becky Cloonan, Matthew Woodson, Kean Soo, Phil Craven, Rodolphe Guenoden, Doug Holgate, Rad Sechrist, Justin Ridge, Herval, Bannister, Clio Chiang, Ryan Sias, Johane Matte, Jeff Smith, Giuseppe Ferrario, Ben Hatke, Amy Kim Gantner, Joana Carneiro, Kness, Richard Pose and Vera Brosgol.

Comment from: Aulayan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at June 17, 2008 5:44 AM

First: That Planetary, a buy it now price of 50 bucks? Is that the Absolute edition or something?

Second: I know what you mean by expensive, wayy too much. I have a wedding coming up, reception and all. A move to...somewhere, depending where she gets her job after her internship. And..yeah. Money being tight isn't even remotely accurate for me. Money being non existant is.

... *ponders selling all his old RPG stuff*

Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at June 17, 2008 11:17 AM

Time for me to go place some bids! Thanks for the author listing.

Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at June 17, 2008 11:31 AM

I had to take pictures. The IPG is currently at $6.66. At 1d 11h.