« For those playing along at home, I think the subject on this post broke the RSS feed. | Main | It's not impossible I would make more doing this individually, but these really should be kept as a set. »

Eric: This would be SO AWESOME.

Weds: Wait, Scott Kurtz calls his podcast the Power Hour?

Eric: Yes he does.

Weds: He named his podcast after Robert Schuller's television program?

Eric: ...yes, apparently he did.

Weds: Does this mean Scott Kurtz has his own Crystal Cathedral?

Eric: ...oh God, I hope so.

Weds: DUDE! I totally want to get married in Scott Kurtz's Crystal Cathedral!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at August 11, 2007 8:00 PM

Comments

Comment from: Jan T. [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 11, 2007 9:14 PM

All right! Wednesday! And she's on about Televangelists! Can the latest Chick tract be far behind?

Comment from: Bo Lindbergh [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 11, 2007 11:39 PM

Isn't Kurtz's ego big enough already?

Comment from: Wednesday White [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 12, 2007 7:37 PM

JanT: There hasn't been any demand for further Chick tract work -- to be honest, recreation -- so the field's been a bit fallow.

Which is frustrating. Guilty and Fairy Tales were perfectly serviceable pieces. In fact, while I wouldn't go so far as to compare Fairy Tales' Harry to Bobby from The Last Generation, I don't think I've seen him depict a child's corruption quite so well since then -- and let's not forget, we never had an innocent Bobby to compare against.

Comment from: Wednesday White [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 12, 2007 7:38 PM

... er, "to be honest, recreational Christianity is low on the readership's priority list".

Comment from: Andrew Goode [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 13, 2007 6:41 AM

Heh. Weds? I think right now, the Websnark reader's priority list is something like this:

1) Anything.

2) Banter Latte Updates.

3) Nothing.

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 13, 2007 11:03 AM

I guess now would be a good time to note that apparently there is going to be a new video game entitled Bibleman, the Video Game. Gametracks.com has a clip of the upcoming Bibleman adventure. 3D polygon no less. I'd hate to see what a 3-D version of David Willis would look like.

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 13, 2007 11:05 AM

Edit: Gamevideos.com not Gametracks.com. Gametracks has clips of the sequel to Katamari, called Beautiful Katamari.

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 13, 2007 2:17 PM

There hasn't been any demand

It can be a fine line between encouragement and entitlement, and some of us don't trust ourselves to walk it.

Comment from: J Ryan Beattie [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 14, 2007 10:23 PM

Not to speak for anyone else, but I know I'd like to see another Chick Tract piece.

Comment from: J Ryan Beattie [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 14, 2007 10:24 PM

Comment from: Confusador [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 23, 2007 12:29 AM

I also vote for more chick tract pieces. Seriously, I reference your work in casual conversation! Maybe that just means I have strange friends...

I'm with Paul on why you don't see the demand. I try not to have any expectation of you guys. just hopes.