« Dumbass lives! | Main | Apropos of nothing, I'd kind of like one of those turtles. »

Eric: On the other hand, it's not the worst thing ever. I mean, Unfettered by Talent is way crappier. Maybe.

I did a Snarky!

(Dude! I drew Snarky! Click on the thumbnail for the big size!)

For those of you playing along at home, the copy of Sidewinder: Wild West Adventures referred to on eBay sold, and sold nicely! Within its pages you will find my first ever drawing of Snarky -- and wearing a cowboy hat no less!

It was also noted to be terrible. I was a little concerned the winner would think it merely "incompetent," but then I put the tail on and realized "no. No, this counts as full on terrible." Certainly, Ursula Vernon, the artist who created the original Snarky pictures (as well as the Snarky-in-Bow-Tie picture from the proposal video) would blink twice and shiver quietly to herself when she sees it.

Also in the picture, you will note both Eric A. Burns and Wednesday White, which is always nice to be able to show in any picture.

So anyway! Yaaaaaay! Stay in school, kids!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at April 2, 2007 2:20 PM

Comments

Comment from: College Zoo [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 2:44 PM

You may not believe me but your drawing of Snarky isn't half bad. My advice to you the next time decide to draw is draw bigger! That way when it gets reduced all the little bumps in your line art then should take care of themselves.

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 2:56 PM

Which is somewhat hard to do on the inside cover of a book. ;)

Comment from: Mr Myth [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 3:55 PM

I believe we were promised full-scale trauma from the drawing of Snarky, and sir, I do not believe that was delivered. That drawing is criminally competent!

Comment from: Usagi Jer [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 4:03 PM

The Eric and Wens'day Show
The Eric and Wens'day Show
and a picture of Snarky too...

Says "Happy Day" to you !

Comment from: College Zoo [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 4:33 PM

Tell that to the thumbnail image! *runs and hids*

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 4:39 PM

But ... but there's use of line weight. I've never figured out line weight.

Comment from: Andrew Grilz [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 5:12 PM

Snary looks pretty good. Kind of like Snoopy's desert dwelling cousin, Spike.

However, Snarky looks very disappointed in your signature.

Hi, Weds! Make Eric call!

Comment from: Teh Quilly [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 5:29 PM

Snarky looks adorable... All it needs is a more gentle curve on its belly, a tail proportional to its size, and less stubby legs. But for a first time drawing (especially for a first time drawing), it's not half bad.

But regardless of its shortcomings, its still cute.

I concur with Mr Myth.

Merf.

Comment from: Teh Quilly [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 5:31 PM

Ahem. One more thing. Shortcomings needs to be in quotes: "Shortcomings."

(Where's the blasted edit button when I need it?!? -.- )

Comment from: Bertson [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 5:48 PM

That's supposed to be a cowboy hat? Looks more like a fedora to me.

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 6:56 PM

You'd think an oviraptor would have a thicker tail, to allow for a counterbalance when leaning down to scoop up those delicious, delicious eggs.

Comment from: Alexandra Erin [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 11:59 PM

Hee hee hee. If it was just a leeeeetle bit thinner, it would be Snarky's cousin, Snerk, who lives in the desert with tumbleweeds and coyotes.

Comment from: dementstudio [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 3, 2007 1:38 PM

As the new owner, do I get to christen it "Indiana Snarky and the Last WebsnArc of Doom"? Too cheesy? Yeah, I guess so.

Still, I liked "Snary, Snarky's desert dwelling cousin"...that's funny. Best typo all thread.

Comment from: Darth Paradox [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 3, 2007 3:19 PM

On the topic of desert-dwelling, the hat actually makes me think of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. And so I'm imagining Snarky getting sent out to cover a webcomics convention in the desert somewhere.

What would Snarky's drug of choice be, though? I'm thinking John Stark vodka, or possibly Smurfs. Something small, possibly furry, and hallucingenic, anyway. (He looks carnivorous, anyway.)

Comment from: Alexandra Erin [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 4, 2007 6:35 PM

Oh, darn... I wasn't the first person to comment on the similarity to Spike. Still, I like my name: "Snerk."