« P.S. No, I was serious | Main | On the other hand, it's not the worst thing ever. I mean, Unfettered by Talent is way crappier. Maybe. »

Eric: Dumbass lives!

Trying to stay ahead of car and ticketstuff, we now have the next stage of auctions up -- we're calling this Eric is a Dumbass eBay Excitement, or just plain Dumbass. Just think of the cross-marketing potential!

We have some cool stuff going. First off, I found my copy of Gehenna -- the end times sourcebook for Vampire the Masquerade. That one sold out quickly (and of course was reprinted, but still), and it's pretty cool if you don't already own it and have some token interest in Vampire or the world ending in horrific ways. For people with more hope for the future, there is a first edition copy of Transhuman Space by David Pulver and the good people at Steve Jackson Games. This is a fantastic supplement filled with GURPS and easily adaptable goodness, and I think you would like it! Further, there's an actual honest-to-God Webcomics related auction going on -- volume 2 of James Kochalka's Sketchbook Diaries. This is a beautiful book I picked up at my friendly local store some time before I even started typing on 'Snark -- so while it's really nice, it doesn't have huge personal resonance the way, say, my personalized copies of Narbonic or Girly do.

Finally... I'm beginning to put a very, very extensive collection of books online. These, to be rather... blunt... are a number of "how to draw and not suck" books I've collected over the years. As it turns out, buying the books, putting them on the shelf and having them work via osmosis doesn't seem to be an effective method of learning to draw, so they may as well go to other folks. Today you'll find several of the "How to Draw Manga" volumes up, and with luck you will find them useful and informative.

Anyway! That is where we are. Please, enjoy delicious bidding!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at April 2, 2007 12:09 PM

Comments

Comment from: Christopher B. Wright [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 12:28 PM

How to draw Manga:

1. Make the eyes bigger.

2. No, bigger than that.

3. You're being too timid. Bigger.

4. Look, MAKE A FIST AND PLACE IT ON THE PAPER. DRAW A CIRCLE AROUND YOUR FIST. NOW MAKE THE EYES AT LEAST THREE TIMES LARGER THAN THAT CIRCLE.

I'm afraid that's really all I know about the topic.

That aside, Star Blazers was the coolest damn cartoon I ever saw.

Comment from: Merus [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 1:29 PM

How to draw eyes like Chris:

1. Draw glasses.

(Oh come on, you were wide open!)

Comment from: Christopher B. Wright [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 2, 2007 1:32 PM

Hah! Well played!

Comment from: SeanH [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 3, 2007 8:56 AM

Hmm. I'd like to bid, here - I love eBay. The problem is that PayPal hates me. The one card I own with which I can pay for things, it won't let me use (I had an account, which I had to close for some reason I can't remember, and now it won't let me use the card without an account because the card is registered to an account and I can't start a new account with this card because it's already registered to an account, so I can't use it at all). I'm resigned to waiting for this card to expire before I can bid on eBay stuff again.

Comment from: Copper Hamster [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at April 3, 2007 4:23 PM

If it's like my card you'll just get a new card with the same number and different expiration date. I've had my number changed no questions asked before however.

The easiest way if it is a real credit card (as opposed to a check card we people who find Credit to be evil carry) to get your number changed is just surf it to another company. There's always a better deal somewhere.

Also I find the problem with 'How to draw Manga' is they seem to assume you might be able to actually draw already. That's where I fail.