« I think Jim Breuer starred in that movie. You know. *That* movie. | Main | Then again, I'm not *entirely* sure Silas was ever real, either. Even if he did go to Ferret Dook Dook Hell. »

Eric: Quick magic update!

Well. Not five minutes after posting, I got e-mailed by Microsoft. They say that they've removed the incorrect designation, but that "...although we have removed the incorrect designation, it may take up to 24 hours for you to see this change reflected."

So, points to them for rapid response and repair. And if you're an IE7 user and you notice this going past 10:30 Eastern Daylight Time tomorrow, please let me know so I can follow up with them.

In other news, we are at one hour and forty-two minutes before the Websnark Edition Sidewinder auction ends! We're at $50 -- which seems to be a pretty solid bid by someone who clearly wants this. And honestly, I didn't expect this to go as high as fifty bucks as it was, so I'm pretty freaking stoked about it. But if you're going to do an event auction, it might as well be an event auction, so I'm mentioning that we're coming up on the end times for it, and if you actually want my book, my signature, and my terrible sketch of Snarky in a Cowboy Hat -- and want it more than fifty dollars worth -- now is the time to jump in.

Thanks, all! The Extravaganza has been staggeringly successful, people have been extremely cool, and I'm really psyched. I'll try to do non-site, non-auction content later this morning.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at March 28, 2007 10:39 AM

Comments

Comment from: GG [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 28, 2007 1:43 PM

1:30 EDT, and you're still listed as suspicious.

Who do we blame for this? My money rests on Kobal.

Comment from: GG [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 28, 2007 1:48 PM

Oh, EDT *tomorrow*. The Kobalite in question gets another point of Essence at my expense.

Comment from: megs [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 28, 2007 2:19 PM

Aw man, you're losing all your BANNED cred!

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 28, 2007 2:32 PM

Yeah... um... DAMN THE MAN!

Comment from: LurkerWithout [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 28, 2007 6:32 PM

SAVE THE EMPIRE!!

Comment from: Tephlon [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 28, 2007 10:05 PM

IE gives no indication of the issue at this moment. Checking www.websnark.com with their blacklist provides no match. You are in the clear, so to speak.

Comment from: Cornan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 29, 2007 4:20 PM

What Tephlon said. Just checked with IE 1:17pm PST and the response is that Websnark is not a phishing site.

On the other hand, the newest snark that I can get to on IE is the sorcerer snark. Which is funny in its own special way.