« Seriously. Old *Jimmy Olsen* comics used to sell over seven hundred thousand issues a month. Not Superman -- *Jimmy Olsen.* | Main | A quick bit of news -- though we are not news central »

Eric: Is it really *Wonderful?* I mean, *is* it?

As you may notice, we have moved to Project Wonderful for our onsite ads starting now. Since I had a long break, we're at a low ebb for pageviews, which makes this an odd time to step into the action, Dekarangers, but what the heck.

If you've a mind, go ahead and bid for ad space. There's four square ad-spaces on the sidebar and eight four 'button' ad-spaces on the bottom of the front page and just before the comment section on entries. I moved the front page ad area up a bit, too -- wanting to be sure it was seen better than the Google ad was seen on said front page. It's in the same sidebar location as the last google ad on the individual entry pages.

EDIT: Weds also says that if we get bids up past fifty cents -- yeah, I know, good luck to us, right? -- she'll work out how to set up OpenID on the comments system. What this will do is let people comment using their Livejournal authentication info instead of Typekey, causing massive betterment. It's been on the list since the announcement, so it seems like a good inducement!

And dude? go read Shortpacked. Walky Wednesday Makeout Ad Bid for the win.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at March 6, 2007 10:45 PM

Comments

Comment from: Wednesday White [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 6, 2007 11:40 PM

Figure out nothing. I already *know* how to do it.

I'm *withholding*.

Comment from: ItsWalky [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 12:07 AM

Tease!

Comment from: kamagurka [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 4:44 AM

Seriously? Shortpacked is boring me to tears right now. But I am confident that it will pick up again.
Now, OOtS? So. Awesome.

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 8:49 AM

Hm. We're up to sixty cents on the sidebar, but two cents on the buttons. I'll have to talk to Weds and see if that pushes us over our goal or not. ;)

Comment from: Plaid Phantom [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 12:08 PM

Well, it's 70/20 now. Just a little more and maybe we could average them. :)

I kinda liked the Tome of Ages story, though for as long as it went the reset was a bit quick for my taste.

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 2:22 PM

Indeed, Order of the Stick has been consistently good since its inception.

Just wondering, if the ads go above, say $5.00, does this mean there's enough money to start up a "Eric and Wednesday honeymoon fund"?

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 4:49 PM

What's screwed up is that because of this post, I can't get the Japanese theme to Dekarangers out of my head.

Burns, you are an evil, evil man.

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 5:12 PM

The opening theme, or the end credits theme?

Because the opening isn't, to my mind, as strong as the theme to Power Rangers: SPD," but I catch myself singing "Deka! Deka! Deka! De-ka-range-errrrr!" at oddly random times.

More spandex clad superheroes should have a dance number at the end of their shows.

Comment from: siwangmu [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 7:26 PM

I vote yes on the wonderful question--it's certainly a lot more wonderfully effective than any other advertising things I've encountered. I, uh, actually click on interesting looking little squares, er, all the time now. And added two of those to my trawl in the last week (No Pink Ponies and Brat-halla are preeeeeeetty).

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 7:29 PM

The opening theme, the one by Psychic Lover. What's worse is that I can't track down an mp3 of it, so it's going to rattle around in my head until I find something else to knock it out.

I'd possibly agree with you about the dance number, but I've watched the Sailor Moon live action musical. When I die, I'm going to ask if that will count towards any time in Purgatory I might have to do.

Comment from: Wednesday White [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 9:03 PM

the Japanese theme to Dekarangers

Do they normally change the themes outright for pan-Asian release or something? Now I'm curious.

the Sailor Moon live action musical

Which one? I got lazy and only ever tracked down three of them, but I really should pursue some of the later ones.

Comment from: Mechaman [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 9:31 PM

32, give me an email or IM about the Deka OP.

Weds: I'm confused a bit in what you're asking. Just "is it different outside of Japan for the Asia release"? Because generally no, though there've been exceptions.

Sabre: Careful, I do have Kakuranger's ED about here somewhere. And that WAS a full production number... of the disposable minions.

Comment from: Mechaman [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 9:32 PM

Er, IM address, rather. Might help if I put a name to it. imek @ comcast

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 9:39 PM

Beloved? I now must see as many Live Action Sailor Moon musical numbers as we can track down. This is a thing that must be done. In the name... of the moon.

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 7, 2007 10:37 PM

Weds: I meant as opposed to the American version. I know it's standard to refer to that by its American title, particularly since it uses a completely different story, but for some reason I mentally call both the same thing. Apparently, there are currently issues translating my inner monologue to actual English at the moment.

As for the Sailor Moon musical... the fact that there's more than one means there's a corner over there that's just begging me to huddle in there for the cries of anguish and pain that are coming my way. It'd be rather rude to decline the invitation, as the corner is being all polite about it. You'll pardon me as I take care of that before emailing Mechaman here.

Comment from: Tyck [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 8, 2007 4:27 AM

So.. I've just got to ask.. are you aware of the Bleach rock operas?

Comment from: Mechaman [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 11, 2007 5:59 PM

I thought there was only one of those so far. Which alone I've heard is hysterical, for good and bad reasons.

Comment from: Mechaman [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 11, 2007 6:01 PM

There was more than one?