« Necropost: On the Culling of iTunes | Main | The necropost for January 14: Star Harbor Nights »

Eric: Submitted Without Comment: The Most Important Post I Will Ever Make

As most of you know, the "submitted without comment" posts I do are generally me uploading some reference to a strip where Websnark is referenced (directly or not) or Weds and I appear, or something like that. So it is with today.

The joke -- and I use the term as loosely as I possibly can -- is that I always comment extensively on those posts. Parenthetically.

Well, I'm commenting on this one, and I'm doing it directly. There is a full comic strip behind the cut at the bottom. (Why is there a cut? The strip is seventeen panels long. I don't hate everyone reading this.

Said comic strip has been produced by something of a supergroup of webcomics professionals. It's like Abba, that way. And it's also available -- for those who might be interested in sound and music and effects -- as a complete Quicktime MP4 file. An MP4 which, at the specific time this post automatically appears in queue, will be being presented at my Arisia panel "The Best Webcomics You're Not Reading."

A panel, it's worth noting, Wednesday is also at. This is important, which you will see momentarily.

As a side note, my thanks to the Arisia programming staff, and to fellow panelists Rob Balder of Partially Clips, Ferrett Steinmetz of Home on the Strange, and Kelly J. Cooper of Comixpedia, who helped set this whole kurfluffle up.

I also need to thank Ursula Vernon, Scott Kurtz, Greg Holkan, David Willis, Rich Burlew, Peter Venables, Josh Lesnick, Chris Crosby, Howard Tayler, Kristofer Straub, Frank "Damonk" Cormier, Brad Guigar, Darren "Gav" Bleuel, Jon Rosenberg, Shaenon Garrity, Meaghan Quinn, and the master of funk himself, Randy Milholland.

Also, my thanks to Bill Mallonee (formerly of Vigilantes of Love) for his permission to use his song on the MP4.

So. Behind the cut....

Submitted Without (Further) Comment.

(Wow.)

GAH! Corrected Rich Burlew's entry! It is now on there.

Oh. By the by?

She said yes.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at January 13, 2007 3:01 PM

Comments

Comment from: mckenzee [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 3:21 PM

Hell Yeah!!!

Comment from: Ooka [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 3:39 PM

This is a work of genius. I say to you Godspeed Mr. Burns!

Comment from: Plaid Phantom [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 3:45 PM

I've probably made this sort of post before, but this time, there is only one thing I can say about this:

Dude.

Comment from: Plaid Phantom [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 3:46 PM

Dude.

Comment from: Hunter McEvoy [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 3:47 PM

Dang, I hope she said yes.

Comment from: Indigo [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 3:57 PM

Eeeeeee!!!!

Happy Love Vibe[1] rocks!

Creative and surprising Happy Love Vibe rocks even harder.

Every happiness, you two. And then some.

*wipes tears*

[1] Happy Love Vibe is the purest form of New Relationship Energy. Instead of sort of petering out, it hits a peak, and becomes permanent, never ever dimming or diminishing. Happy Love Vibe is forever, and I've seen it on you two.

Comment from: Aulayan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:03 PM

Oh god, I hope it turned out well. This was a very inventive way to pull it off, kudos to you!

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:07 PM

Well, played, Mr. Burns, well played.

Comment from: Greg Fishbone [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:13 PM

I'm assuming she said yes...

DUDE!!! CONGRATS!!!

Comment from: Alma Mater [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:13 PM

Good luck to both of you!

And I have to say an extra congratulations to Eric and the various contributors for putting this together, and for keeping the secret. I know from personal experience that it's difficult to keep quiet about these things.

Comment from: Snowspinner [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:16 PM

DAMN YOU MILHOLLAND!

DAMN YOU AND YOUR CLIFFHANGERS!

Comment from: Dave Van Domelen [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:20 PM

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:30 PM

You know, I kept looking at the title of the previous snark and thinking, "'Portentious'? Portentious of what?" But I didn't say anything.

Congratulations, both of you.

Comment from: John W. Wells [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:47 PM

Congratulations. I wish you both the very best.

Comment from: Aerin [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:49 PM

EEEEEEEEE! I'm so happy for the two of you! And of course, doing it in front of the whole stinking internets is a good way of making sure she says yes. Congratulations to both of you!

(And I love Chex ripping up the roses. Nice touch.)

Comment from: Kate Sith [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:50 PM

YAY!

oh man oh man YAY. congrats!

DUDE.

Comment from: Ardaniel [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:55 PM

Please note, gang, that Rich "Order of the Stick" Burlew's excellent contribution, panel #5, is missing in the above post. Here it is, at least until Eric and Weds get back and amend the original.

Comment from: Dragonmuncher [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 4:59 PM

Hooray!

I like how Eric apparently has a library full of books entitled "Books."

Comment from: mckenzee [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 5:19 PM

Now that we've wandered pretty far down the comments list, I'd like to see the original photo, just to check who got the stripped tie right.

Comment from: Chris Anthony [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 5:42 PM

Congratulations and best wishes. :)

Comment from: Robert Hutchinson [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 6:01 PM

That's terrific. In at least two different ways.

I may be a little too sensitive to "proposal tropes", if there are such things--I figured out exactly what this was just by seeing Eric talking to the camera in the first two panels, before I had read what he was saying. (I'm sure lots of people figured it out before the cut, but I just thought it odd that I knew exactly what the monologuing meant.)

Comment from: PerfessorEvil [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 6:12 PM

Dude

Comment from: deviant youth [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 6:25 PM

Dude. Dudedudedudedudedudedudedudedudedude! Dude!

OK, overkill, I know. But it still take a lot of balls to do something like that. I hope you got the right answer, and congrats if you did.

Comment from: Scarybug [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 6:25 PM

Congratulations!

Comment from: LurkerWithout [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 6:36 PM

Dude. Just dude.

Comment from: DavidCSimon [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 6:39 PM

Coooooool! Talk about a herculean effort :D

Comment from: Doug [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 6:50 PM

And on a weekend, too.

"Mazel tov!" in advance.

Comment from: Xaviar Xerexes [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 7:03 PM

A very cool proposal there Mr. Burns!

Comment from: Starline [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 7:21 PM

Awwww!! Very sweet and creative Eric.

(I expect to see the answer in comic form as well. )

Comment from: fjafjan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 7:50 PM

I agree
"Dude!"
Cool :D

Comment from: MattMilby [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 8:03 PM

I think you win, Eric. You win at marriage proposals.

Comment from: Polychrome [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 8:28 PM

Awesome.

Comment from: Merus [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 8:29 PM

Giving the proposal to Milholland was a masterstroke.

On the other hand, a wag of the finger for doing a stunt to propose - it's not like Wednesday is going to be able to say no, but then again, I guess you wouldn't have done it if you thought she'd say no. So tip of the hat for going through with it anyway.

(I always wanted to propose via a musical number in the street ala Hollywood musicals/Monty Python/that one Bjork clip where you've got random strangers dancing in the street. Bonus points if you get people getting out of their cars to dance.)

Comment from: trpeal [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 8:45 PM

Fuckin' A, man!

Many, many congratulations to you both!

Comment from: Eric the .5b [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 9:07 PM

I'll go hold my breath, now. ;)

Comment from: Copper Hamster [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 9:11 PM

Well she'll either accept or kill him.

Comment from: Prodigal [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 9:15 PM

I figured that this had to be what he was up to, and must admit that my initial reaction was "He hasn't asked her yet?"

Damn good installment, Eric. May the two of you have many, many happy years together.

Comment from: KJToo [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 9:30 PM

Well played, and I offer you both my very presumptive congratulations.

Comment from: Rasselas [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 9:39 PM

Congratulations to both of you. I sent Eric a few bucks via PayPal to mark the occasion -- weddings can be expensive.

Comment from: AD [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 9:43 PM

Congratulations!

Comment from: Dr Chuck Pearson [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 10:14 PM

Has the word "dude" been said enough on this thread?

Actually, no. DUDE.

Congratulations.

Comment from: Thomas Blight [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 10:15 PM

Dude.
You win the proposal stunt.

Tasty biscuits to you.

Comment from: WestRider [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 10:17 PM

DUDE.

Congratulations, and all the best to you.

Comment from: Archon Divinus [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 10:45 PM

Dude! Dude!

Congratulations...

...dude!

Comment from: Phil Kahn [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:07 PM

Dude.

Comment from: Theory Girl [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:07 PM

First off, Congrats to both of you.
Second off, I love the little things in the background(s), like the shelf of "books," The Flying House suddenly appearing (although it took me a minute to figure out that that's what it was), and especially Chex about to go on a jealous rampage ^_~

Comment from: Tyck [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:18 PM

I was just about to ask what was going on with Willis's panel... (Wikis Flying House) Thanks, Theory Girl!

Another hearty dude! to you both. Also, I assume some form of biscuits are an appropriate gift- who do I buy 'em from, and where do I send 'em?

Comment from: Wednesday White [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:21 PM

I said yes.

Well, first I said "DUH."

Comment from: Mr Myth [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:24 PM

Way to go! That's beautiful and awesome. Major congratulations and best wishes for you both!

Comment from: Confusador [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:30 PM

It's worth registering just to send you both heartfelt congratulations. I've been pulling for you for some time now.

Also to apologize for participating in the assault on the server this afternoon; as soon as I realized what you were up to, I had to see it in its purest form. Well done, sir.

Dude.

Comment from: Sean Duggan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:30 PM

I'll echo the other people saying congratuations and with the one other guy chiming in with the "I hope she knew that this waws going to happen." I'm personally very much against public proposals. Thee's no way the person's going to be able to say no gracefully.

Comment from: ItsWalky [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:32 PM

I'm so excited I could write fanfic!

Comment from: Wednesday White [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:38 PM

I should make it clear that Eric was pretty confident in my yes before he did this.

And I thought it was awesome. So no harshing of the buzz, guys, please. :)

Comment from: Doublemint [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:38 PM

Congratulations, both of you!

Comment from: B. Durbin [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:40 PM

Heh. I knew what this was from the title of the post.

Because when someone who has had a moderately public romance with someone writes about "the most important post I'll ever make" it's usually only one thing.

If they're married, though, it's the birth of the first child.

Congratulations!

Comment from: Robert Hutchinson [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:41 PM

Well she'll either accept or kill him.

and/or, surely.

Comment from: PerfessorEvil [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:43 PM

Now that Wednesday has said "Yes", I have to amend my earlier dude

DUDE

Congratulations to you both. I've got a little sniffles going on here.

Comment from: Liz Walsh [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:44 PM

Dude! and Congratulations!

Comment from: Jamie [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:44 PM

Coolest Webcomic ever! :)

Congratulations!

Comment from: Robert Hutchinson [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:45 PM

Heh. I had that last comment in preview for about a half-hour, but posted it anyway without refreshing.

Now that I know for sure the result, I will give an unambiguous congratulations! Much future happiness wished.

Comment from: BZArcher [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:54 PM

Congratulations to both of you. :D

I wish you many happy years ahead!

Comment from: kirabug [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 13, 2007 11:57 PM

Most way awesome. You both rock. May you be as happy as Nathaniel and I, and three times as healthy, for as long as you both shall live.

Comment from: toddandpenguin [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 12:10 AM

Wow! That is awesome in so many ways! Congrats to both of you and best of luck!

Comment from: toddandpenguin [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 12:11 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing - That gets a tasty shortbread!

Comment from: Miranda/Blu [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 12:55 AM

Congratulations! Good luck! Etc.! Well-wishing!

As a side-note, I "aww"ed out loud when I reached the end of this.
Aww. Again, congratulations!

Comment from: Brendan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:12 AM

Okay, I should definitely have something better to say here, but Willis's version has really changed since "Bride of Faz."

Comment from: ecrane [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:25 AM

Congratulations to the both of you!

I knew you two were destined to be together ever since way back when Eric was vehemently denying there was anything romantic going on.

It's been a pleasure watching your relationship bloom, if even just from the snippets that you've posted here. I'm truly glad for both of you, and wish you happiness in all that's yet to come! (I've heard it said that it might, in fact, be the best)

Comment from: Rich Burlew [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:30 AM

I suppose all the "Dude!" comments are better than if things had gone poorly, in which case we'd all be posting, "SHE TORE HIS FACE OFF!"

Congratulations to the both of you.

Comment from: Abby L. [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:37 AM

I'm so glad for you two. XD DUDE.

Comment from: Wistful Dreamer [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:52 AM

Do you have any idea, Mr. Burns, just how hard this is going to be to one up?

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:52 AM

Actually, my question from the second I read the post title was, did she cry when you asked? I was dead certain that my wife was going to cry when I asked, but I turned out to be wrong.

I decided to wait for the official yes, because it might look presumptuous otherwise.

Comment from: John Troutman [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 2:14 AM

Now THAT'S impressive. A hearty congrats to all involved.

Comment from: blackunicorn [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 2:23 AM

Yay! Congratulations, you two!

Comment from: Alexis Christoforides [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 2:49 AM

WOO! CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment from: Alexis Christoforides [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 2:51 AM

Oh....poor Chex.

Comment from: FlyingFish [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 4:48 AM

And the crowd goes wild!

Comment from: Doug Wykstra [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 5:25 AM

Congratulations. Dude. It's amazing... every artist I read regularly, I was able to find their panel... I laughed at Straub's panel for about five minutes.

Comment from: VioletSamurai [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 6:51 AM

OMFG111!!!

Finally, the validation the Eric/Weds shippers of the Websnark fanfic community have been craving...I mean, um, Congratz! To you both!

The Awesomeness is unparalleled. Unperpendiculared, even. I wouldn't even try to calculate the hypotenuse of that much Awesome.

BTW, is that Snarky tie-tack from the first panel real? Because if it is, I want one.

Comment from: Ed_dirt [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 7:15 AM

Congratulations, to both of you.

Comment from: Ford Dent [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 7:46 AM

I think that my brain has just melted. Awesome work dude, awesome work indeed.

Because dude, dude. Dude.

Congrats to the both of you.

Comment from: Tim Tylor [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 8:12 AM

Yay, congrats and manic jubilations! :D

Comment from: storiteller [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 9:50 AM

Awesomely awesome. Fabulously crafted and delivered and just incredibly perfect for the person and occasion.

Congrats and may you have a plethora of shortbread at your wedding!

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 10:15 AM

Were that Snarky tie tack real, *I* would want the first one.

Comment from: mikichan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 10:45 AM

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!

Comment from: Nate [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 10:49 AM

DUDES! Awesome and congratulations to both of ya!

Comment from: tudhalias [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 11:11 AM

Congratulations! Felicitations! お目出度うございます! etc!
I think that's the first time a webcomic's made me shed a tear since 2001.

Comment from: Barb [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 11:22 AM

Congratulations to the both of you! May everything go smoothly for you. :)

Comment from: AlexanderD [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 11:32 AM

Man, I can't believe I missed this because I had to go to work. Congratulations to you both!

Comment from: Kirath [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 11:34 AM

Wednesday said:

Well, first I said "DUH."
--------------------------

Bwahahahaha!
Congratulations to you both!

Comment from: PatMan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 11:57 AM

Awwwwwww.....

Comment from: boxjam [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 12:08 PM

...for once typekey let me log in.

Congratulations!

Comment from: alienpriest [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 12:40 PM

That brought a tear to my eye. Well played and congratz! :D

Comment from: KLCtheBookWorm [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:01 PM

I have been a lurker at Websnark for years, and I'm so happy my first post is CONGRATULATIONS!

Now I'm sending a link to my boyfriend to give him a romance clue.

Comment from: TheNintenGenius [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:16 PM

Congratulations you two.

This is one of the most creative ways of proposing I've ever seen, online or otherwise.

Comment from: Andrew Grilz [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:41 PM

Bravo. That was classic, my friend.

Robin & I are thrilled for both of you.

Now can we finally meet Wednesday?

Andy & Robin

Comment from: Usagi Jer [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 1:59 PM

Yaaaay! Congratulations to you both!

--jer

Comment from: Denyer [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 2:14 PM

Really, really beautiful. *sob*

Comment from: Carina Kadow [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 2:59 PM

A very heartfelt congratulations to you two.

Hopefully you both will still be walking down the road holding hands in thirty, fourty years. :)

Comment from: LucyK [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 3:49 PM

Oh, wow. *beam*

Congratulations and best wishes and JOY UNCONFINED.

Love! :)

Comment from: Weird_One [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 3:53 PM

A longtime lurker here registering just so I can say this:

Dude!

Congratulations for you both and I hope you'll both be very happy together. This is seriously sweet and touching. Again, congrats!

Comment from: toshi.m [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 3:54 PM

Woohoo! Go you!

An eloquent and appropriate proposal, and a happy and just response. Luck to you both.

Also: Woo!

Comment from: Plaid Phantom [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 4:35 PM

No, I think my response would still be a very excited "Dude!"

Comment from: gwalla [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 5:07 PM

Best. Proposal. Ever.

Comment from: WildCard9 [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 5:14 PM

Oh man!! I saw them both at a panel today at Arisia, but I did not see this until after the con was over and they left. Too bad, I could have said congrads to them in person.

Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 5:20 PM

It totally rocked.

Mind, I figured it out slightly before the panel, when I added up "hey, they're both on the panel," and "he sent her wandering off and said I should specifically show up if I could," and "eh, it's a somewhat interesting panel, but why that one in particular?"

There was only one answer possible, and I smirked to myself, said, "I'm going to go," and didn't tell anyone 'cause I wanted to be sure I was right.

I was right.

The smooching was definitely worth showing up for. O;D

Comment from: Tina S. [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 5:37 PM

I was gonna say "Well, it's about damn time!" but then I realized it probably took a while to get the comic thing together, plus I already knew she'd say yes if the question happened, and Eric may have held out some weird lingering doubt that she was going to suddenly have her head spin around and grow horns and laugh at him and say no and then eat his face.

But... wait. No. I'm still going to say "Well, it's about damn time!"

But I also will say:

DUDE.
*headthing*
Congratulations!

Comment from: Shadowdancer [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 5:41 PM

And yet another long time lurker comes out from the shadows to say "Congrats!"

Just too awesome for words...except "DUDE!"

Comment from: Tom Lynch [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 5:56 PM

Sweet.

Comment from: Axonite [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 6:02 PM

Congratulations to both of you!

Comment from: quiller [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 7:07 PM

Congratulations! You've certainly had your share of pain, so I'm glad we can share in your joy as well.

Comment from: siwangmu [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 7:48 PM

So after being away for a bit I randomly wandered here yesterday, hell of a time! Then my internet went down before Wednesday's answer.
So happy. Too happy. Too wonderful. The news being too wonderful, I will now comment on the proposal: magnificent. It was such pain to me that I didn't have anyone around who could appreciate the artists I was listing that had been in on this (I was on the phone with my boyfriend trying to explain what PVP is. Will have to remedy this. Might use this list as a starting point for his education). In fact it says something that I felt compelled to tell the people around me, despite it meaning nothing to them.
Okay, spending too many words, but REALLY. So amazing. And whoever said Milholland for the final was brilliant, I concur, because seeing that art with anything sentimental is extra-powerful. And the Eric-ness of all the Erics was really, really cool.

And snarkring is adorable.

Ahh! So awesome!

Comment from: HydrogenGuy [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 8:25 PM

That may be the awesomist use of infinite canvas ever.

Congratulations!

Comment from: AndrewWade [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 8:57 PM

Enormous Grin!

Congratulations. Enchantingly wonderful.

Comment from: Chris Daily [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 9:21 PM

nice! Congrats to you both. It's great to see everyone come together for a great reason.

Comment from: BZArcher [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 10:07 PM

Duuuuderonomy, that's a lot of DUDE!s

But, it's still great news. :D This is spreading around just about everywhere I go online.

How's it feel to have Teh Intartubes throwing you guys an engagement party? :D

Comment from: SpotWeld [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 14, 2007 11:49 PM

Huzzah!!!

There must be biscuits at the wedding, that's all I'd suggest.

Comment from: wanderoo [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 2:27 AM

Many congratulations to both of you. I guess this means Weds will be leaving Canada again soon. Unless you're planning to move north, that is, Eric.

Comment from: EsotericWombat [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 4:08 AM

You know, given the ad hoc meme in these comments, I think it's sort of funny that the post in which you introduced Wednesday as a writer for Websnark was entitled, "Dude"

To quote that same post:

"No, we're not dating. And no, I'm not trying to date her. Jesus, can't you think of anything else?"

Which I believe is now worth at least one more laugh.

The absolute opposite of the "I am invincible" *dies* cliche.

Congrats, you two

Comment from: Tyck [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 6:54 AM

There will be a Snarky tie tack. Possibly a set of Snarky cufflinks as well. This is the Internet- people do that sort of thing here. They'll probably come from a member of Howard Taylor's multi-talented fandom. (I'm just a little jealous of them.)

Comment from: Øyvind [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 10:13 AM

Congratulations! And my best wishes to both of you :-D

Comment from: jpcardier [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 10:22 AM

Double congratulations! But where does that leave your physical (dis)location problem?

Comment from: Pooga [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 10:40 AM

Late to the party, as usual. Actually, I have Mr. Willis to thank for finding out now, as I usually save Websnark for last in my daily trawl.

Although it's been said many times, many ways:

(and congratulations!)

Comment from: The Ferrett [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 10:54 AM

tl;dr

Comment from: Copper Hamster [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 11:01 AM

Congratulations you two.

And I would like to express my appreciation to the artists that helped him propose in this way... you people are way cool, or whatever the proper term is these days.

Comment from: Matt Buchwald [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 11:28 AM

'Grats.

Marriage is pretty awesome.

Comment from: DarkStar [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 12:01 PM

Cheers and Congratulations. Joy and Happiness. Elation and Something also along the lines of Elation.

Good for you. And amazing proposal. You have some good friends in the webcomics world.

Comment from: Rehn D [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 1:37 PM

That is so awesome and sweet.

Congratulations to both of you.

Oh, and...

Dude!

Comment from: Maritza Campos [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 2:59 PM

Awesome! Many congratulations, you silly lovebirds, you.

Comment from: ItsWalky [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 3:24 PM

All is right in the world!

Comment from: Michael Weaver [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 4:25 PM

I was expecting this... well, okay, not specifically this. I knew someday you two would get married, but I never could've guessed you'd propose this way!

Good show, Eric, and congrats! May you two spend many happy years together.

Comment from: Jeoshua [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 4:49 PM

Mazel tov!

Comment from: Teh Quilly [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 7:28 PM

I found this place a few minutes ago (someone on AG posted the link) and just finished reading through this thread. I registered for the sole purpose of posting the following:

Congratulations to both of you! I wish ya'll many years and much happiness together. And bonus points for originality on the proposal. Makes me wonder what you'll do for the actual wedding. ;)

To reiterate everyone else: Merf. ('Dude' has been overused, I think.)

Once again, my best wishes!

Comment from: madbaker [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 15, 2007 8:51 PM

Rather than repeat the well-deserved "Dude", I'll just say "Huzzah!"

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 16, 2007 12:51 AM

Wow. I miss nearly 15 days in January to scout out Oregon (love the no sales tax, state income tax is a different story) and I nearly miss this?

Comment from: SuperThread [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 16, 2007 1:13 AM

Congratulations to both of you!

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 16, 2007 12:58 PM

"Wow. I guess the only question remains, can we have Shannon and Andrew Fargo do the webcomic "play-by-play" of Eric's bachelor party?"

Keep in mind, the challenging part will be protecting Eric from Chex, who will try to use that chance to try and take out Eric before he marries Weds.

Comment from: JB Segal [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 16, 2007 2:02 PM

Fabulous. Wonderful. I'm really sorry I missed it.

Need a Justice of the Peace? :)

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 16, 2007 6:46 PM

32: That could be true or we end up turning the bachelor party into some sort of perverse Con. Maybe call it Weddingcon.

Comment from: Merus [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 16, 2007 9:25 PM

It could be one of the few weddings to have both a Klingon and an obese guy in a Spiderman costume!

Comment from: Robert Hutchinson [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 16, 2007 10:32 PM

Merus: That's one big costume. The Klingon can't be too happy. (Well, you know. Too happy for a Klingon.)

Comment from: mrz80 [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 17, 2007 8:57 AM

(*blink*) (*unlurk*) Maaavelous, just plain maaavelous. From someone who hasn't seen Weds since usenet was cool, congrats!

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 17, 2007 9:40 AM

Miyaa - who ever said that the two were mutually exclusive?

WeddingCon - the webcomic about the giant convention/bachelor/bachelorette (hey, give both sides their due) party, with subplots galore!

- Can bodyguards save Eric from Chex as he infliltrates the con?
- Who stole the copies of Strunk & White, 4th that were set aside as party favors?
- What kind of perversity will develop when Randy Milholland and James L. Grant are left in charge of the evening "entertainments"?
- What causes the Drama Aggro room to overflow, and who will be left to sort out the LiveJournal posts?

All this, and more!

Comment from: cencithomas [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 17, 2007 9:56 AM

HOLY CRAP SHE TORE HIS FACE OFF----

I mean, dude! X-D Congratulations all around.

Comment from: Wednesday White [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 17, 2007 3:19 PM

No. There are already enough of those in Las Vegas.

Comment from: GypsyLynx [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 18, 2007 3:20 PM

I'm a day late and a dollar short due to a desire for excessive hibernation, but ... DUDE! And "squeeeeeeeee!" and all that jazz. Best wishes for you both, old friend.

Comment from: buzzyc. [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 25, 2007 8:29 PM

I thought this was wonderful. . . but you neglected to mention the traditional proposal words, "I love you!"

Comment from: stuckintraffik [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at January 31, 2007 11:15 AM

Apologies on the belated 'gratz, but...

DUDE.

And 'gratz. It's all happy-making.

Comment from: snail [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at February 17, 2007 8:02 AM

Dude. Awesome!

Comment from: Phalanx @ Ping Teo [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at September 2, 2008 11:52 AM

Sheesh! I turn my back for 3 years and you guys get married?!?!

The only thing I can say is...

GRATZ!