« Four words that have me very hopeful for tonight's episode of Studio 60. | Main | Another damn Sorkin essay. It's like the buildup to the GPF snark, only not about webcomics. »

Eric: Alcohol, Wigu and Pointed Ears

Wigu!

(From Wigu! Click on the thumbnail for full sized dreams made real!)

As we speak, I am drunk.

I am specifically drunk with Wednesday, whose birthday it technically was yesterday but we haven't slept so it is today, and Meaghan Quinn, whose birthday is not today or yesterday that I know of, but she rocks in every conceivable way. We are specifically drunk on Cranberry Ponies, which is a drink that Weds created earlier tonight, consisting of:

2 shots of Pama Pomegranate liquor.
1 shot plus of Tequila
1 shot of Triple Sec
1/2 ice cube tray
Cranberry juice to cover.
Shake and pour.

We are officially plastered. Megs also has pointed ears. I swear to Christ. I include photographic evidence. Which is I believe the first photo of a webcartoonist to ever make it in Websnark.

Megs and her ear! But I digress.

We are really drunk. We have conceived a brilliant plan to translate Megatokyo into Latin, because dude, why not.

You don't care, because Wigu is back.

Wigu was brilliant, and wonderful, and the brainchild of Jeffrey Rowland. It was the thing he was best known for before Overcompensating. It was fantastic.

And now it's back.

And you should read it, because it's starting over like today, so this is your time to begin.

Yay.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at November 22, 2006 12:41 AM

Comments

Comment from: MasonK [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 1:11 AM

That sounds like a strong and terrifying drink.

And, hmm. I could be wrong, but didn't a photo of one Eric Burns appear at one point? Or was that on LJ? It all blends together after awhile....

Comment from: Darth Paradox [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 2:34 AM

Yes, I particularly recall one photograph involving a purple kimono.

Comment from: pi_neutrino [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 4:08 AM

I laughed for about ten minutes after reading that. Brilliance reigns!

Comment from: Cornan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 4:14 AM

Yay! WIGU! How I have desperately missed it. Glad to see you're not only still alive but enjoying yourself Eric and Weds. :)

My friends will be subjected to the Cranberry Ponies on Sunday when we get together. Fantastic!

Comment from: fjafjan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 6:21 AM

That was the least sence making post to date

Win!

Comment from: Matt Buchwald [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 8:05 AM

If only I liked Cranberry Juice! I will have to subtitute Rose's Lime and make Lime Ponies to try, though I'm not sure how well that will go with the pomegranate.

Comment from: dagbrown [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 9:02 AM

Bah, that photograph made me all homesick.

You know why?

Peanuts
Arachides

Now I'm going to have to listen to my "Gilmour's Albums" compilation CD.

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 9:18 AM

Actually, Eric's photo has been posted here twice. There was that dashing purple kimono, but there was also when he got his new computer that had the built-in camera. I remember that because for whatever reason, I was fixated on Eric's nose.

You know, I'd probably be more scared of Megatokyo in Latin if I hadn't already seen French l33tspeak. I'm sometimes convinced France is going to declare war on the Internet for abuse of language. 'Course, there are times when French does deserve to be smacked around a bit, but still.

Also, I wouldn't worry about mixing the lime, particularly Rose's Lime, instead of the cranberry. You've already got Triple Sec, so it's not like there's no citrus in there.

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 9:25 AM

Does a photo of a blogger in his own blog constitute a photo of a webcartoonist, particularly when the blogger is actually a writer (hence the blog) of a webcomic rather than its cartoonist?

And if a tree falls in the forest, how much of the wood would a woodchuck chuck?

When Rowland says, "What's happening here is what happened on the Monday before the original series started," does he mean he's going to retell the original series or he's writing a prequel series?

And what about Naomi?

Comment from: John Troutman [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 9:46 AM

Don't trust her, Eric! Megs is never REALLY drunk! She's just luring you into a false sense of security in order to... well, I'm not sure WHAT it's in order to do, but I'm sure it's DASTARDLY!

Comment from: kirabug [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 4:09 PM

Yay! Wigu's back! And yay, Eric posted! And yay drinks! And yay I think the heater people actually fixed the heater on the 4th try! And all the Google ads want to warn you on how to tell if you're drinking too much, or sell you some booze and that's kind of funny. And, uhm, that's all for now.

Comment from: Thomas Blight [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 8:37 PM

Dude! Latin Megatokyo would be awesome. It should so definitely be done.

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 9:11 PM

I hope you meant Pig Latin. Otherwise, to translate Megatokyo into Latin would involve Largo stabbing Piro while wearing a toga or a run in with a very sexy nun, and there's way too many bad hentai films about sexy nuns already.

And Meg's ears are no more pointy than mine.

French-l33t speak? Dude, that sounds worse than hearing French rappers. (Actually, Japanese rappers are the worst thing I've ever heard musically.)

Question from the drinking clueless, what exactly is Triple Sec?

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 9:47 PM

Actually, French l33t-speak is worse than French rap by an order of magnitude. Or two. It's more than a little scarring to know that I actually have enough experience with both to be able to make an informed opinion on the matter.

Triple Sec is an orange-flavored liqueur, and primarily used for mixed drinks where you want a bit of citrus flavor. If it makes you feel better, Miyyaa, I don't drink at all myself, and mostly know it for its potential cooking uses (and in regards to that, it's inferior to Grand Marnier, but can substitute in a pinch).

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 22, 2006 10:00 PM

Ah. Having heard French rap (and Spanish and Japanese rap), I'm just floored that French l33t-speak is worse. I'd shutter to think if there was German l33t-speak.

Comment from: JoeFF85 [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 23, 2006 3:49 PM

German l337 would be all "5pr3

Comment from: JoeFF85 [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 23, 2006 3:52 PM

Damnit! I forgot that the less than symbol is unusable for l337 if you're writing with html.

Ahem.

"5pr3(]-[3|\| 513 D3|_|75(]-[, 848y? J4."

There.

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 23, 2006 5:03 PM

"N0n, ma15 j3 p4rl3 l33t. L'4ll3m4gn3 est 3l g4y."

Comment from: WestRider [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 23, 2006 5:51 PM

Just to close the cycle, some German rap is really quite good.

Well, if you're into that kind of thing.

Comment from: AndrewWade [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 25, 2006 11:16 PM

I think German rap would just terrify me into submission.

The sonic noise of an Allied Hell.

Comment from: larksilver [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at November 27, 2006 1:33 PM

I would say that his comment thread went to a scary and surreal place, but it sort of started all drunk and surreal anyway, so.. eh. Still. Japanese rap? French L33t Speak? I think I shall go huddle under the covers now.

eep.