« Live, from Studio Sorkin on the Aaron Sorkin strip, it's Monday Morning... | Main | Perfectly consistently characterized doormat »

Eric: Addendum to the last -- Jesus, Sorkin. Go read a paper or something.

To add on to the last post... because now I'm obsessed....

One of the current subplots involves Jordan McDeere's brief ex-husband writing a tell all book about his life and sex club patronage (not that squeaky-clean Jordan enjoyed such nasty things -- and as a side note does anyone on the planet care about the scandalous lives... of network executives? I mean, show of hands -- who here could name six current network executives working for any of the networks? And of those executives, how many of them have sex lives you give a shit about. Anyone? Anyone?) It's as ridiculous as McDeere's drunk driving arrest making the news, when... well, see above RE network executives and giving a shit.

Well, now I've come to find out that the prostitute a drug-using Aaron Sorkin used to patronize wrote and self-published a tell all book about it.

With luck, Sorkin will someday soon run out of axes to grind and might get around to writing engaging television about things we actually do give a shit about.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at October 23, 2006 5:12 PM

Comments

Comment from: S. Ben Melhuish [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 23, 2006 5:57 PM

I don't watch the show, but I know that last week's episode was bad*, because this is perhaps the tenth post/article I've read about how the show is going downhill (this being the first, and the only other one I can recall that makes much the same argument as you).

* -- Or perhaps not bad, per se, but at least the straw that broke the camels' backs.

Comment from: 32_footsteps [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 23, 2006 6:20 PM

Heh... I was wondering if we were going to see Eric write a "You Had Me..." essay on Aaron Sorkin... and then Ben links to someone who did. Priceless.

Comment from: PatMan [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 23, 2006 6:43 PM

Prostitutes aren't legally bound by confidentiality laws!? Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

Next you're going to tell me that employers can read things you post on the internet!

Comment from: Christopher B. Wright [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 23, 2006 8:53 PM

You know, if *I* knew someone was going to print a "sexpose" on me, I'd probably beat them to the punch, too... Again, why is this a bad idea?

You don't *need* a reason to "fall out of love" with Sorkin, man. Sometimes it just happens.

Comment from: Montykins [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 24, 2006 2:04 AM

From tonight's episode: "I think there's comedy to be found in experiences that are far removed from your own." And then Matt Albie says "It's insulting to me that you think I need help!"

Sorkin needs help.

Comment from: Daven [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 24, 2006 2:09 AM

Well, I truly hope that tonight's episode helped. I cried at the end.

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 24, 2006 2:11 AM

I was pretty darn happy with tonight's episode, I'll admit freely.

Comment from: Stephen G [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 24, 2006 11:35 AM

Grah. Every time I find out that yet another piece of Studio Sorkin is a coded attack, I lose more interest in the show.

Comment from: Kris@WLP [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 24, 2006 4:01 PM

I've always equated Sorkin to major ax-grinding. I was never able to get into West Wing because, especially early on, I felt like I was getting it hammered into my skull that anyone who disagreed with not merely liberalism but outright socialism was a wicked, evil, time-serving bastard who only wanted to line his or her own pockets.

(Oh, and add a generous helping of "the media are dolts.")

Comment from: lochinola [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 24, 2006 5:27 PM

Geez. I'm glad I didn't watch any of this show with such an eye for comparing to Sorkin's real life. Sounds to me like analysis really hurt your enjoyment of a fun little show.

Comment from: Chris Crosby [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at October 24, 2006 9:07 PM

That was one of the funniest bits! I loved how Amanda Peet had to ask Steven Weber what self-publishing meant, and Weber replied that it means putting the book on the internet (Aaron Sorkin really, REALLY hates the internet) and charging people to read it. That is the definition of self-publishing.

It literally takes me 2-3 hours to get through an episode of this show (minus commercials!) because it's so hilariously insane I have to keep rewinding constantly. (Also, because the actors talk so fast and mumble so much it's hard to understand what they're saying.)