« On the other hand, at least they all wear clothes. I've never quite figured out how Suburban Jungle's clothing mores are supposed to work... | Main | Of course, I doubt this is the only time Arthur's died in the series. It's just one of those things. »

Eric: See, *this* is what In Nomine art should look like, damn it! This would move some supplements! Or have I missed the point, somehow?

FetusX

(From Fetus-X. Click on the thumbnail for full sized Daaaaaymn.)

"Representation of Romance in Red" is a lot of things. It's art, it's poetry, it's philosophy, it's prophecy. In short, it is.

the thing is? I really, really like this painting of Milliken's. I like the poetry. I like the composition. I like everything about this.

Unfortunately, I'm a critic. So now I'm going to have my head cut off. It's nothing personal. I understand that it's nothing personal. It just... well, is.

Still, Milliken always pushes himself. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Sometimes it's great. And sometimes it's right out of the park. "Romance in Red" is right out of the park, and if I now die, I die as I have lived... pretentiously, whilst saying "damn, man. this is seriously cool.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at August 22, 2006 12:23 PM

Comments

Comment from: Ford Dent [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 22, 2006 6:55 PM

That's it.

I'm going to read this damn comic and finally find out what the fuss is all about.

Comment from: Doc [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 22, 2006 7:21 PM

Be careful Ford, last time I finally got around to reading a comic that Eric had been mentioning forever it wa Narbonic and that's still ruling my life. I've lost *days* to those archives. Plus I have to be especially careful what I read around here since I don't want to blow too many plot twists for myself.

Now I'm trying to figure out what kind of character in IN would paint a picture that causes people to murder, I'm going with Habbalah of Death that used to serve Eli before it fell.

Comment from: Elizabeth McCoy [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 22, 2006 9:34 PM

*eyes*

I'm not going to say it's bad art, 'cause from what I can tell, it's not unskilled... but I am going to say that the only way that's wrapping itself around anything INnish is if they allow alternate covers for POD stuff. (Which would be, I note, a really cool option. Basic Black And White with nothing but the title. Styles A, B, and C... Yeah, that's what I can dream about.)

Unless, of course, SJ likes it, in which case I will make soulful Lilim eyes at him instead.

Comment from: Phil Kahn [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 23, 2006 1:01 PM

Gee, I wonder what its referring to.

Comment from: olaf [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 25, 2006 9:58 AM

Phil Kahn: "Gee, I wonder what its referring to."

I thought it was fairly direct, is there some hidden agenda here? Let me in on the secret, what is it about?