« Apropos of nothing, who ever heard of an American stockbroker named *Cyrus.* I mean, Cyrus is pretty much limited to "Country Singer" in this land, right? | Main | In Memorium: Bruno Kirby »

Eric: Mmm. The sweet smell of self-promotion

Brigadier General John Stark!

(From The Adventures of Brigadier General John Stark! Click on the thumbnail! Or... you know. Don't.)

It is the anniversary of the Battle of Bennington, and that's as good a reason as any to fire up the old transcription gear and hear a thing or two from Brigadier General John Stark. How long the General will return to Webcomicdom I can't really say (I suspect it has to do with how long the General can think of punchlines to whisper to me).

Anyway. I actually have a post for later today that isn't about... well, me. Still, I hope you like the General's return... for however long the General's return lasts.

In other news, Clerks II was very good. Which is irrelevant to the matter at hand.

Enjoy!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at August 16, 2006 3:42 AM

Comments

Comment from: Copper Hamster [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 10:23 AM

Good to see the General back...

BTW did you know that The Adventures of Brigadier General John Stark! is actually linked off of John Stark's Wikipedia article?

Comment from: MasonK [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 10:41 AM

Yay!

Hmm. Okay, yeah. I'll go ahead and get the question out of the way, so we can all move on with our lives.

So... when's Gossamer Commons going to update? :)

Comment from: Eric Burns [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 10:44 AM

I'm doing a ton of writing on Gossamer Commons now. Once I've done that, I'll send it along to the artist types, and the artist types will start doing drawing (in their own time. I'm hardly going to ask them to rush to do my stuff when I've been so crappy about getting stuff to them.)

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 12:25 PM

"Types"? Plural?

Comment from: Darth Paradox [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 1:58 PM

Whee! In commemoration, I'm reading the archives.

Dunno if the local liquor stores stock Stark vodka, but I wouldn't be able to get out to one tonight anyway. So it goes.

Comment from: Plaid Phantom [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 6:45 PM

Ha! I didn't click the thumbnail. I clicked the link! Take that, Burns!

I wonder what other historical figures would say about the way we celebrate other historical dates.

Comment from: kirabug [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 8:30 PM

\o/ yaaaay!

Comment from: miyaa [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 16, 2006 10:24 PM

Clerks II is indeed very good. That is all.

Comment from: Kirath [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 17, 2006 12:03 AM

Yaaaaay!

Also, total agreement on Clerks 2.
Rosario Dawson is too hot for any of the words I know. Others here may have a sufficiently robust vocabulary.

Comment from: CaseyG [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at August 17, 2006 8:28 PM

One suggestion for TAoBGJS: You start the comic with, "On this date in 1777," but the only way for the reader to know when the comic was posted is to mouse over the dates in the calendar until the URL matches. Readers who don't figure this out will be asking, "Which date?!" ;)