« It's for reasons like this that I'm glad there's no real City of Heroes cybersex activity or community. *pause* Give me my denial, people. It's all I've got. | Main | Previously Untitled Home Run Snark™ »

Eric: For those who have asked...

...we're doing minor adstuff again. No bigs, ignore if you wish. Hopefully it won't be too obtrusive.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at January 24, 2006 11:13 AM

Comments

Comment from: wingie posted at January 24, 2006 3:11 PM

I find it amusing that the ads I saw were for italian sausages.

Comment from: larksilver posted at January 24, 2006 4:06 PM

Honestly, I hadn't noticed til I saw a mention someone made of it. If you were going for unobtrusive, it worked.

Comment from: Imaria posted at January 24, 2006 9:56 PM

Yeah, there's some weird things coming up, so it's actually kind of amusing. I approve!

Comment from: siwangmu posted at January 24, 2006 10:11 PM

Yeah, you know the term, "unobtrusive?" It may come into play when EVEN AFTER reading a comment about the new ads and LOOKING for them, I had to read this, think "Whoa, seriously, there are ads here?" and then finally managed to see them.

Apparently I wasn't really using that bit of the screen?

(Also recently got gmail, so have been honing my inability to see google ads)

Although now that I can see them (fnord!) they are kinda fun. I could buy West Wing DVDs, or for some reason on this page teach my baby to sign (if I had a baby at this stage of my life I'd need to teach it to sign "Please adopt me!")

Comment from: lucastds posted at January 24, 2006 10:45 PM

it's always funny that you can change the ads on the page simply by typing in key phrases like peanut butter cooking recipes peanuts nuts almonds and other interesting things

Comment from: lucastds posted at January 24, 2006 10:46 PM

^ it didn't work that time. either there's too much non-cooking related material on this page or i'm simply nuts.

Comment from: Abby L. posted at January 24, 2006 11:13 PM

(rimshot)

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at January 25, 2006 12:22 AM

Crap.

Guys?

Got to lock this post. It's nothing personal. However, intentionally trying to skew Google Ads gets Google to drop you, and while we're being low key, we'd rather not be dropped.