« Also, the CAP Alert guy accuses Piggy of "gamming." Unfortunate pun, really. | Main | It's like I'm being punished, only I wasn't bad! I WASN'T BAD! »

Eric: It's like wearing pimp clothes, only without the sexism or the stereotyping!

You'll notice another sidebar tweak -- one that folks have asked for before. There's finally a link to other projects -- I've got a link to Gossamer Commons, if course. You'll also see a link to The Adventures of Brigadier General John Stark. That's right -- John Stark's voice has taken flight in my brain, and at least until I run out of ideas, he's going to appear daily at Webcomics Nation. The first strip is up -- the one you've seen before. I've queued up strips straight through to the end of the week. (I'm not sure if it's ripping off Daily Dinosaur Comics, Sinister Bedfellows or both, but I'm having fun so what the Hell?) As Weds and I develop our little online forays, we'll make sure there's appropriate linkage going on.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at September 25, 2005 12:30 AM

Comments

Comment from: kirabug posted at September 25, 2005 11:45 AM

Cool!

Comment from: BadgerGirl posted at September 25, 2005 2:41 PM

I'm getting unreasonably excited for a historical figure I know nothing about!

Only you guys could pull this off.

Comment from: Wistful Dreamer posted at September 25, 2005 2:42 PM

Looks cool. Just a note: The text on Stark is really hard to read.

Comment from: Dave 'Winter' Crisp posted at September 25, 2005 3:48 PM

I'm ashamed to admit that, not being an american, I had to look Stark up on Wikipedia to find out who he was.

Still, the cast page should be easy: just link to the article!

(grins, ducks & runs)

Comment from: Ian K. posted at September 25, 2005 4:13 PM

I wholeheartedly approve of this endeavor. You rock and I look forward to more.

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski posted at September 25, 2005 4:33 PM

I hope you won't be offended if I leave General Stark off my reading lists till I know which update frequency category to list him under. (Randy's other two are off my list right now too, so it's not like the General's not in good company.)

Comment from: SeanH posted at September 25, 2005 4:51 PM

Still, the cast page should be easy: just link to the article!

Look, he'll do it when he feels like it, okay?

Yeah, I had no idea who Stark was either.

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at September 25, 2005 4:58 PM

Dave -- it would be a very rare American indeed who did know who John Stark was.

Comment from: Violet posted at September 25, 2005 5:32 PM

At least the Americans can infer from context. Harumph.

Comment from: whymy posted at September 25, 2005 6:26 PM

No, no we can't.

Comment from: Nate posted at September 25, 2005 8:18 PM

Well, he's a Brigadier General, and from the looks of his hat and mentions of "Redcoats and tories", he was probably in the Revolutionary War. Other than that? Wikipedia.

Also, when are cool things like timeline programs and comic makers going to come out for Windows 98, huh? Yeah, there's Comic Chat, which I made a comic in once upon a time, but.

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at September 25, 2005 8:35 PM

There is now a cast page up. ;)

As for the American bias... well, the author's an American and the comic strip's about an obscure general in the American Revolution. So, we're kind of stuck as far as that goes. ;)

Comment from: Violet posted at September 25, 2005 10:54 PM

Gracious. I'm positive that you, of all people, Mr. Burns, could make such a comic accessible, open, unbiased and friendly to the international audience. After all, you are magical and super powered. You must be capable of such things!

Alas. I can never hope to aspire to a mere crumb of a smidge of your impossible greatness, Mr. Burns. I shall retire to my foreign hovel and despair.

(Note: The cunning reader will notice that Violet is talking rubbish. Explicatory notes are never found in comics; they are only found in Kent.)

Comment from: Violet posted at September 25, 2005 11:12 PM

(The cunning reader will also notice that Violet has realized that the request to minimize American bias is, in fact, ridiculous, and that she was needlessly dry to compensate.)

Comment from: Brent Anderson posted at September 26, 2005 2:27 AM

Webcomicwiki'd

Comment from: cyco posted at October 6, 2005 9:59 PM

I knew the county I live in was named after John Stark, but until now I never actually knew who he was or anything about him. Yay, Internet!