« It's like wearing pimp clothes, only without the sexism or the stereotyping! | Main | Fear drives exploration. We always suspected that was the case, right? »

Eric: It's like I'm being punished, only I wasn't bad! I WASN'T BAD!

The ISP transition alluded to on Friday went well, though there are repercussions. The school I work at actually has its own IP range, as opposed to an IP range assigned by an ISP, so when we switch providers we also need to change routing tables, which then have to propagate. This means that a certain number of people trying to send us mail or come to our website can't do it for sometimes north of 72 hours after the transition, and a (much smaller) subset of web sites won't return requests we send to it properly. They literally send the requests to the old address.

"So what," you ask. Why should you, the reading audience care? Well, most of you probably won't. However, bear the following two facts:

1) I'm having issues with my cable modem at home, so I need to use the campus network instead, so my access is the same at home and at work. Which is no big (we just got a big pipe). However;

2) All of Keenspot and Comic Genesis are among those sites we cannot reach right now.

As a result, I haven't seen any 'spot or 'nesis comic since, you know, Friday.

For the record? I read a lot of those comics.

Theoretically, the routing tables should finish updating today. Alternately, my at-home cable should clear up. Either way, really. Until one or the other happens, though, I'm... well, stuck. So if something really amazing happened on a Keenspot comic today... um... well, I hope you guys liked it.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at September 26, 2005 7:34 AM

Comments

Comment from: DocN posted at September 26, 2005 7:52 AM

Don't worry, nothing did. I mean hey, it's Keenspot after all.

(is dragged out back and shot)

Doc.

Comment from: John Lynch posted at September 26, 2005 9:13 AM

Comment from: Wednesday posted at September 26, 2005 11:45 AM

Don't worry about it. Dude. You get to not read something for a few days.

Dude, do you understand me? You get to not read something for a few days. It's not like everyone at Keenspot is going to be throwing themselves off of the school onto Chris Crosby and being all, "But I picked this weekend to have my tremendous climactic crossover with You Damn Kid!"

Comment from: kirabug posted at September 26, 2005 3:05 PM

Yeah, look at this as an opportunity! You can do stuff like read a book, or troll for new comics, or play Solitaire, or heck, you can even do nothing. Nothing!

Well yeah, nothing gets boring after a while, but you won't be comic-less forever. :)

Comment from: Wednesday posted at September 26, 2005 3:42 PM

He's not even comicless NOW.

Also, he has eight volumes of Preacher in his house.

I'm just saying. :)

Comment from: siwangmu posted at September 26, 2005 5:35 PM

Wait, what? He hasn't read Preacher?

... There are no more heroes!

Comment from: STrRedwolf posted at September 26, 2005 8:37 PM

WHA?! You can't reach Comic Genesis?!?

I take it it's just your routing tables, right?

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski posted at September 26, 2005 8:38 PM

I did much nothing this weekend, much of it while in transit on I-80. Visited the stepchildren to see the stepson and the new stepgrandchild. Saw an issue of Preacher in the bathroom but didn't read it. Now have all my regular Monday webcomics to read.

Comment from: DocN posted at September 27, 2005 5:00 AM

"Are all of the webcomics you read on your comic-nation list? If so, damn! You read over 100 comics!"

-I have something like 160 in two browsers' worth of bookmarks, that I read nightly (or whenever they update) on dual monitors. Once or twice a week I troll through TheWebComicsList or the Belfry and look for more comics.

I just don't take 'em as seriously as Eric. :)

Doc.

Comment from: larksilver posted at September 28, 2005 4:01 PM

He must have read Preacher. He's.. well, he's Eric. Yeah!

I've been without webcomics for a week, darlin'. I totally feel your pain, although mine was hurricane-related, and not ISP-related. It was with great glee that I scrolled through the last week's worth of, well, everything! wheeeeeee!