« Fear drives exploration. We always suspected that was the case, right? | Main | Holy shit. »

Wednesday: I am celebrating Eric having been totally out of it by not having slept last night. Er, wait.

In this week's edition of the Blank Label Comics Podcast, you can hear what Eric sounds like when he's completely zoned out on Benadryl. He's surprisingly coherent, and not at all the same as when he's smashed. Also, you can hear lovely anecdotes about our readership here, learn more about the site's goals and intentions, enjoy tidbits concerning Gossmaer Commons, and discover the magic audience number that took me completely by surprise.

Yes, you too can learn what kind of mail Websnark gets.

Also? Less giggling than that time where he was all talking to Kurtz. So, it's basically a win.

Posted by Wednesday Burns-White at September 27, 2005 4:16 PM

Comments

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at September 27, 2005 4:52 PM

You realize people now think Scott Kurtz gets me all giggly.

Comment from: SeanH posted at September 27, 2005 4:54 PM

Like a schoolgirl.

Comment from: Wednesday White posted at September 27, 2005 4:54 PM

Yeah, well, I know how it is with you and Kurtz.

Comment from: WaveLine posted at September 27, 2005 5:21 PM

Gaaaaaay.
Sorry, I couldn't pass that up.

Comment from: SeanH posted at September 27, 2005 6:31 PM

Hell, I can't believe I missed it.

Comment from: Phil Kahn posted at September 27, 2005 11:00 PM

Gotta love the BLC Podcast Theme song.

Comment from: 32_footsteps posted at September 27, 2005 11:23 PM

There are two things I was interested in particular with this.

First, on site readership. To some extent, I agree that site readership will decline. however, it will then bounce up, and the important thing is to make sure the bounce will be higher than the old level. It's the nature of any media, really. and I say this as someone who had to figuratively talk an editor off a ledge when my own site's numbers dropped.

Second, on criticism. You have to walk into criticism with a philosophy, or you can't keep it up. I think alot of people forget that. It's always interesting for me, as another critic, to see how someone else approaches the same vocation. Of course, you probably figured that out from my countless comments in the past.

Comment from: Robert Hutchinson posted at September 27, 2005 11:36 PM

Eric, I hope you didn't say anything TOO insightful in the first couple of minutes, as I was too busy pondering why you had been cut from the podcast at the last minute and replaced by Kevin Murphy.

Seriously, though. Less words on the page, more focused rage. *g*

(Did they actually say who they were interviewing next week? A certain beloved theme song drowned out the end of that sentence.)

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at September 28, 2005 12:41 AM

Yeah, when I'm high, I'm totally Tom Servo.

Comment from: siwangmu posted at September 29, 2005 11:03 AM

huh.. buh... fifty... fuh... fifty... thuh... NUMBER. I'm resorting to the new alternative Penny Arcade defense: you have A UNICORN of readers.

Seriously, this blows my mind. I mean... we're a community and all, and this site is part of my life. And come to find out I do not possess the capacity to learn the names of everyone else who reads this site. I don't know what on Earth I thought about the total, but this is... all weird and stuff.

Guh.

(Congratulations, you deserve it)

Comment from: Wednesday White posted at September 29, 2005 11:09 AM

You think you huh buh fuh thuh guhnicorn; I had been quite deliberately not asking Eric for the number. The balance of [mumble] and [mumble mumblemumble] and [mumblefright] is now officially AAAAAAA.