« [w] Coffee, Beer, Wine and Whiskey? | Main | Shirts sent, and I'm made of foam! »

Wednesday: [w] Eric status report.

Eric's still sick.

Don't get me wrong. He's getting better. They gave him drugs, and they're working. He's not going to die. I assure you, citizens of Townsville, he will once again make it possible for you to enjoy your long-playing records.

But work is also doing this thing where it puts stress on the pile. You know how stress is cumulative, and adding to the queue sort of makes recovering from prior stressors more than a little difficult?

Yeah. He's still fighting the Ministry of Pain.

So don't worry. He'll be back. It's just that he won't be back tonight. He needs time to recover. He very badly needs time to recover.

Cheer up! I'll be here to regale you with a multipart essay on Salem Kirban's seminal, highly elliptical premillenial-dispensationalist duology, 666 and 1000 -- Hey! HEY! STOP KILLING ME!

Posted by Wednesday Burns-White at August 8, 2005 11:23 PM

Comments

Comment from: miyaa posted at August 9, 2005 2:03 AM

Eh, it could be worse. It could be a whole week about the idiocrincies within In Homine.

Comment from: Merus posted at August 9, 2005 2:18 AM

I don't live in Townsville, QLD, Australia, but I understand it's a very nice place.

And the hilarity of the name never stuck me until it was used in Powerpuff Girls.

Comment from: SeanH posted at August 9, 2005 3:01 AM

Eh, it could be worse. It could be a whole week about the idiosyncrasies within In Homine.

It could still be that, just less coherent.

Comment from: Zaq posted at August 9, 2005 3:49 AM

Okay, where have I heard the term "Ministry of Pain" before? This is going to bug me for hours, I just know it.

And no, I won't search online for it. That's totally cheating. (Taking the time to post about it specifically asking for it isn't cheating, but taking the time to type it into the little combination Google/Wikipedia bar at the top of my screen is. Don't judge me.)

Comment from: Bequita posted at August 9, 2005 8:04 AM

It's rather Orwellian sounding.

I confess, the first idea that popped into my brain was B5's Ministry of Peace, and then it went on to Orwell. I'm such a geek.

Comment from: Doc posted at August 9, 2005 8:06 AM

I *used* to live in Townsville, Qld, Australia and as such when my girlfriend first showed me the powerpuff girls it confused the hell out of me for about ten minutes till I got the joke.

Comment from: Egarwaen posted at August 9, 2005 9:43 AM

You know what Eric needs? A good, healthy dose of random webcomics drama!

... Ow! Put down those baseball bats! It was a joke! A joke!

Comment from: Pseudowolf posted at August 9, 2005 9:55 AM

Ministry of Pain was a bunch of old villains in Episode 27A "Fallen Arches". See here for summary:

and here for transcript of the episode:

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski posted at August 9, 2005 3:14 PM

Thanks for the update, W.

Comment from: DanShive posted at August 9, 2005 3:19 PM

*puts up a "Save Eric" billboard*

Comment from: gwalla posted at August 9, 2005 10:14 PM

At first I thought Wednesday was making a reference to The Undertaker's heel stable (group of villainous wrestlers). But that was actually the Ministry of Darkness.

Comment from: larksilver posted at August 9, 2005 11:37 PM

oooh a Powerpuff Girls reference! thanks for that, Wednesday! I now have these happy memories of my favorite episodes all dancing in my head, and am just going to HAVE to search for the mp3 I have somewhere of Bubbles' tirade when she thinks she's Mojo Jojo. hehehe

I needed the giggle.

Oh. serious stuff. Thank you for letting us know that Eric is alive and kicking, and even on the mend. Send him our best wishes, mmmkay?