« [w] Eric status report. | Main | The redemption of scripting. »

Eric: Shirts sent, and I'm made of foam!

There is a weariness that settles over you. It soaks into your bones and flows through your spleen. It colors your thoughts and makes your brain the consistency of mush. And then, on top of it all, you feel sick.

This is where I live. Metown, population yo.

Through it all, however, I've managed to put in the "Revelations: Strunk and White" shirt order, and make preparations for the next shirt and other bits of stuff for the purchasing.

Also, there is the chance for other exciting bits of goodness. I for one would like to see tea mugs. I mean, dude. Tea mugs.

Or not.

Anyway. I'll make an extra effort to not be so crap tomorrow, and give you snarks and writings!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at August 9, 2005 11:59 PM

Comments

Comment from: Darth Paradox posted at August 10, 2005 3:19 AM

Is there anything that differentiates tea mugs from coffee mugs?

I know I've seen some with a little ceramic filter thing to hold loose tea leaves, that fits right into the mug - a coworker of mine has one. Is this what you're talking about, or a separate invention?

Comment from: Cass posted at August 10, 2005 5:33 AM

Hey, welcome back, and I hope you're not feeling as cobwebby as you sound. Props to Wednesday for doing well in your absence. :)

And PLEASE give us tea mugs! Those would be uber cool.

Comment from: Grumblin posted at August 10, 2005 7:46 AM

hmmm for some reason I have a vision of an industrial-sized mug, simply stating "Tea!" in some smooth, yet imperative font.

Comment from: djcoffman posted at August 10, 2005 7:46 AM

Dude! Good to hear you're doing fine.

Comment from: JDanRyan posted at August 10, 2005 7:53 AM

Feel better, Eric.

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski posted at August 10, 2005 8:12 AM

As Chaplin used to say to Groucho: Stay warm.

Comment from: 32_footsteps posted at August 10, 2005 9:51 AM

You know, my late grandfather, he of only 30 footsteps, told me repeatedly that tea was for "mad dogs and Englishmen." Of course, it's generally a given that every single member of my family is a headcase.

Given how much you push yourself, Eric, I've got to wonder if you're one of those people that likes wearing themselves out. Not that it's a problem; I'm one too. Just that, well, you need someone to keep an eye over you when you do run yourself ragged.

Oh, wait, nevermind.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at August 10, 2005 11:44 AM

One can still only do so much at a distance of thirty-three hundred miles, though. This needs fixing.

Badly.

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at August 10, 2005 12:04 PM

I would do a tee-shirt and mug of just "TEA!," only I think Jeph Jacques already has one of those in the works.

Comment from: Zaq posted at August 10, 2005 1:05 PM

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Jacques did come out with one of those. He does love his single-word shirts.(Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, mind you, just an observation.)

Comment from: gwalla posted at August 10, 2005 9:44 PM

32: He's getting tea mixed up with the noonday sun.

Comment from: KenM posted at August 10, 2005 11:08 PM

If you _really_ want to do cool teacups, there are these things I saw in china that are essentially small nalgenes (or large plastic cups sometimes) with lids and a little mesh thing in the top to keep tea leaves down. (Of course, to do it real Chinese style like the cabbies, construction drivers, and other folks, just drink it straight out of an empty coffee jar or some such.)

Comment from: 32_footsteps posted at August 11, 2005 7:47 AM

Gwalla, that can't be possible. That would suggest that people in Britain see the sun on a regular basis, and roughly around the same time each day at that. I don't think there's a single person who would claim that.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at August 11, 2005 6:48 PM

32, I only wish we didn't see the sun on a routine basis. The summer's been far too hot, sunny and humid.

Comment from: gwalla posted at August 12, 2005 1:26 AM

32: "Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the noonday sun" I think refers to Brits on holiday in sunnier climes (where the natives sensibly take siestas).

Comment from: 32_footsteps posted at August 12, 2005 10:27 AM

Wait, they do?

(32 Googles the phrase)

Well, I guess according to Noel Coward, they do. But he was British too, so I guess he'd know. And to think, I thought my family was nuts to move to South Florida.

I still stand by what my grandfather says, though, on the principle that it's funny, and I don't see anyone disagreeing with it. ;)