« Some due diligence/advertising for Save Connecticon | Main | [w] No, no, no. It's not you. »

Eric: The tee shirts are here!

The tee shirts are here!

The tee shirts! They're here!

They! Shirts! Here!

They look fantastic, they're clearly as high quality as we expected, and shipping will start immediately.

The tee shirts are here!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at July 21, 2005 1:41 PM

Comments

Comment from: J.(Channing)Wells posted at July 21, 2005 2:35 PM

Can we start a huge etymological debate now about whether "Tee Shirt" or "T-Shirt" is more appropriate? Huh? Can we can we can we?

Comment from: Bequita posted at July 21, 2005 3:33 PM

It should be "may we", not "can we." I'm sure it's well known that we are capable of debating anything.

Comment from: 32_footsteps posted at July 21, 2005 3:47 PM

Well, we can't debate a patapsychological event, mostly by default. Which thus makes a debate about whether we can debate anything approach a paradoxical situation.

Comment from: Paul Southworth posted at July 21, 2005 3:48 PM

I disagree.

Comment from: Mr. Shivers posted at July 21, 2005 3:52 PM

Now you know that's not true. There are clearly some things that we cannot do. Particularly things with time limits. (Certain prohibitions may be necessary. *No time machines!*) That said, I do believe this request is open enough that "may we" is the more reasonable request.

Unfortunately, I know very little about the history here. I think both are acceptable, properly capitalized, so I will not be passing judgment. Also, I am very happy to hear the shirts are here and Eric is happy with them, as it means the next shirt will probably come sooner!

Comment from: eviljim posted at July 21, 2005 4:08 PM

Where is the obligatory picture?

Comment from: miyaa posted at July 21, 2005 4:35 PM

Patapsychological? Great, first "dechticaetiative" now "patapsychological." My head hasn't hurt this much since I took the verbal section of the GRE.

Comment from: Greg Dean posted at July 21, 2005 4:43 PM

Listen, stop being so sesquipedalian and let's debate the imminent issue regarding the polyester/cotton torso coverings!

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at July 21, 2005 5:02 PM

Now now.

They're 100% cotton torso coverings.

Picture will come, but not today. Fevers and chills today, which means I'm not looking quite picturely.

Paypal's shipping options ember the baby pony though. On the other hand, Endicia for Mac seems surprisingly fun to use. I've never enjoyed spending money on postage this much.

Admittedly, that's not a hard thing.

Comment from: Bequita posted at July 21, 2005 9:27 PM

Mail me my shirt first, and I'll provide you with more hot babe* model pictures.

*Actual hotness of babe is not measured. Your results may vary.

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at July 21, 2005 9:39 PM

Bequita -- not having a specific name to go with your online handle, we'll have to take our chances on the order. ;)

Comment from: Robert Hutchinson posted at July 21, 2005 9:43 PM

They're 100% cotton torso coverings.

Who in the world has a cotton torso?

Comment from: Bequita posted at July 21, 2005 9:55 PM

Then I humble request that you please not model the ladies shirts. :-D

Comment from: Wednesday posted at July 21, 2005 10:52 PM

He could put them on his cat.

He's got an adorable cat.

Alternatively, I could go back to New Hampshire through the miracle of FedEx (it's gotta be cheaper than commercial flights) and break everyone's eyeballs.

Comment from: gwalla posted at July 21, 2005 11:48 PM

Paul Southworth: NO U!!!

Comment from: larksilver posted at July 22, 2005 12:25 AM

Hrm. I enjoy this site, I really do. I love Eric's writing, I enjoy Wednesday's input. I look forward to reading Websnark daily - sometimes twice a day, if I check my e-mail twice.

Sometimes, however, as with the comments from several of the past few updates, I am forced to realize that although I am by no means illiterate or uneducated, I've had a most plebian and, well, common life. You see, in my circles, I am the one with the extensive vocabulary, the one to whom they come to say "does it have an 's or is it just the '?"

And then I come here, and realize that I just spend time with some very.. well, limited folk, and that I am, in fact, left in the dust of you rather brilliant folk. Ah, well, it's an entertaining read anyway, right?

Comment from: miyaa posted at July 22, 2005 1:00 AM

Sesquipedalian?

Miyaa's head explodes. In the next frame, Eric's cats lick up the remains. Tastes a lot like milk and catnip. In the final frame, 49 of the 50 2006 National Spelling Bee finalists are bummed because they can not spell 'dechticaetiative.' The winner happens to come from Walla Walla, WA.

Comment from: SeanH posted at July 22, 2005 8:22 AM

Miyaa: "sesquipedalian" is a favourite of the English nerd, meaning "given to the use of long words".

Comment from: 32_footsteps posted at July 22, 2005 9:37 AM

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but given what I could be doing with this knowledge compared to what I am doing, I can't really say I'm smart. I'm just stupid, with panache.

As for a hot babe, I'm just imagining a female version of the Human Torch wearing one.

Finally, for the record, my great-grandmother lives in Walla Walla, WA. The nutty part is that she's Grandma Wallace of Walla Walla, WA. There's a reason we usually just call her Grandma Leigh.

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski posted at July 22, 2005 5:02 PM

People I work with think I'm intelligent because I use big words, but what they don't realize is that all the storage in my brain is given over to vocabulary.

(Well, people I work with used to think I was intelligent because of my vocabulary, till I went to work for a university.)

Comment from: gwalla posted at July 23, 2005 12:43 AM

Miyaa, you just made my day. In a word, "LOL".

Comment from: Bequita posted at July 23, 2005 10:25 PM

Since I couldn't finagle my way to getting my t-shirt early, I had to improvise.

Behold, the hot (or not so hot) babe T-shirt model picture!

Stop looking at me like I'm crazy...