« Actual webcomic snarkage, sans hot babe model pictures. I know. I'm sad too. | Main | Language, shock, and lack of shock »

Eric: On the other hand, Felicity *does* have zombie lesbians, and that's never a bad thing.

(From Andiewear. Click on the thumbnail for full sized hi-keeba!)

It's been entirely too long since I brought up a John Troutman comic. In part, that's because I went a little nuts for a while. In other part, it's because... well, Vigilante, Ho! hasn't updated for a while, Sporkman is on hiatus (hey, what's the current status of the KeenSyndicated newspaper page, anyhow?), and... well, I haven't grooved on Felicity Flint as much as I used to, lately. I think in part it's because Troutman's not doing his own art -- I really loved Meaghan Quinn's art, as I always do, and Teague Tysseling's doing just fine, but Troutman's art style seems to add something indefinably Felicity to his strip that the others... well, don't, so much.

But anyway, these are quibbles. Andiewear is all Troutman, and that's a cool thing. And today's strip features Steve Troop being maimed, and while I wish nothing but good things for Mister Troop, there's just no downside to a "Steve Troop gets maimed" comic strip.

Anyhow. Just for the record. Troutman is still Troutman, and Andiewear's been showing that well the past few strips.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at July 12, 2005 11:43 AM

Comments

Comment from: Ian K. posted at July 12, 2005 12:03 PM

Hearing "hi-keeba" makes me think of "Gymkata..." this is most acceptable.

Comment from: John Troutman posted at July 12, 2005 12:23 PM

And here I thought I'd fallen out of favor with the mighty Websnark. Thanks! But you're right about there being no downside to inflicting fictional harm on Steve Troop. The highlight is that a thread will always inevitably show up on the Melonpool message board, wondering why I hate him so much. ;)

And, as an aside, I doubt that anyone HONESTLY expected me to keep up four comics at once. That said, the Keenspot newspaper page is still running. It just isn't something you hear about very often since, well, it isn't online. Sporkman may return to it post-Con, though - I've got seven strips ready to go, but I'm trying to rack up a massive buffer on it before I actually start it up again.

Comment from: Brendan posted at July 12, 2005 2:46 PM

I'm still trying to figure out who that is looking for Andie...

"Wouldn't be the first time?"

Comment from: John Troutman posted at July 12, 2005 2:51 PM

All will be revealed in time, good sir.

Comment from: Tangent posted at July 12, 2005 3:35 PM

Hee! Having met Steve Troop at a ComicCon and with those dolls, I can easily see that happening! :D

Gotta love you, Steve! :D Fantastic strip, John, I've been following you for a few months now, thanks to Vigilante Ho. I just hope that Meaghan gets her life under control so she can start drawing updates for her various projects again....

Robert A. Howard

Comment from: marbx posted at July 12, 2005 4:54 PM

What I really thought was funny was that this happened after he was killed in the haunted house. Is Steve Troop going to be Andiewear's Kenny?

Comment from: Alex posted at July 12, 2005 11:16 PM

Regarding the comment about Gymkata, "hi-keeba" is from a movie called Women of the Prehistoric Planet in which a comic relief character, attempting to show off martial arts moves, says the line and falls down.

Comment from: gwalla posted at July 13, 2005 1:27 AM

Alex: and made immortal by MST3K, along with its counterpart "gymkata" (the title of a terrible martial arts action movie starring a former Olympic gymnastics star who couldn't actually do any martial arts; most action scenes involved a pommel horse in unlikely places on which he could swing around and hit enemies with his legs), to be shouted during hand-to-hand fight scenes.

Comment from: siwangmu posted at July 14, 2005 11:59 AM

I just went through and read the archive of this pretty, pretty, series, and...

she wears a Jump shirt!!!

I think I'm in love.