« City of Heroes and the Fallacy of Balance | Main | Divot bread and not going to cons: Friday and Saturday, hanging with Wednesday. »

Eric: On my way out the door...

...but I wanted to point you to a Cool Thing. Digital Strips, which is one of my favorite comics related podcasts, has posted three parts of an interview with Scott "Scott" Kurtz. Well, as of today, the third part has been posted -- and I'm on there too! Zampson, Daku and Kurtz pulled me in through the magic of Skype!

All three parts of the Kurtz interview are available. I haven't heard my part yet, so if I sound dorky... well, that will come as no surprise to anyone. Still! It's a chance to be disillusioned about me! And also, the conversation was darn good, if I remember correctly.

I'll see you all as soon as humanly feasible!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at June 24, 2005 3:23 PM

Comments

Comment from: Obdormio posted at June 24, 2005 6:21 PM

Neat. You sound almost just like imagined.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at June 24, 2005 7:02 PM

You sound nothing like I imagined.

Comment from: Zaq posted at June 24, 2005 7:08 PM

On a related note, a question I meant to ask both of you (Eric and Wednesday) but forgot to when the topic was appropriate... Eric, does Wednesday talk like she writes? And Wednesday, the reverse question, does Eric talk like he writes? It'd be interesting to know if I could (purely hypothetically. The chances of me being in the same place as either of you without going for the express purose of meeting you are absurd) overhear a conversation by either of you and be able to recognize, without looking or hearing a name mentioned, "Wow, that has to be Eric Burns" or "Wow, that has to be Wednesday White". I know most people who've been coming here for a while could recognize an anonymous bit of writing by one of you (And I do know that some people have been directed to Gossamer Commons and identified Eric as the one behind it before looking or being told so), and it'd be interesting to hear if you, either of you, talk in a manenr as distinctive as the one (ones?) in which you write.

Off-topic? I'd call it more of a refracted topic. Not quite a random tangent, but a stretch from the actual direction of conversation. (But you must admit it's more appropriate now than, say, upon the next comic-related snark.)

Comment from: Stuart Robertson posted at June 24, 2005 8:04 PM

Good interview. Zampson and Daku have a fun podcast, and sound like they'd be a laugh to hang out with.

Comment from: MasonK posted at June 25, 2005 3:08 AM

He talks very like he writes. Can't speak as to Weds.

Comment from: Phil Kahn posted at June 25, 2005 3:34 AM

You definitely sound like how you look.

Not to say anything about your appearance, but you just have a voice that matches your face.

There's no possible way I could've made that statement without it sounding bizarre.

Comment from: Phil Kahn posted at June 25, 2005 3:56 AM

By the way, thanks for the mention man :D

Comment from: Meagen Image posted at June 25, 2005 1:54 PM

"Now, if Eric was a radio host, he'd sound like this:

WHE-HE-HAY! It's the Er-man on the numbity 40.4 FM, 'Tha Snark'. We've got another hour of music-free commercials comin' atcha. Don't you touch that ZABIDABLAUGH!"

Comment from: KevDude posted at June 25, 2005 2:27 PM

I'm glad I wasn't the only person who thought of Homestar Runner when people said he talks like he looks.

Comment from: Tangent posted at June 25, 2005 3:47 PM

*wry smile* I thought Eric sounded most cheerful. Like he is always about to start laughing at the world (and himself).

Now, Scott Kurtz, he was a surprise. He sounded like a kid, almost. Must have been the mike though, it was sounding a tad buzzy or somesuch.

Have a good weekend, Eric...

Robert A. Howard

Comment from: Tom posted at June 25, 2005 4:46 PM

I saw Wednesday in the street on the way to the Webcomics Thing in March and I knew it was her from her voice (she was on the phone so I didn't say hello), this may have had more to do with her accent than anything else though...

Comment from: Paul Gadzikowski posted at June 26, 2005 2:09 AM

Oh, I dunno. If you sounded dorky it was only on account of overmuch nervous laughter attributable to the fact that Scott pulled you into the discussion with no warning to you (at least, so attributable until and unless these guys do a proper interview with you and we find out whether you're always like that).

Comment from: SeanH posted at June 26, 2005 2:34 PM

I loved this gem from Scott Kurtz:

"Guys, guys, I put my pants on one leg at a time the same as you do... 'course, once those pants are on I make EISNER-NOMINATED COMICS, know what I'm saying?!"