« On the other hand, I drank the kool-aid. I DRANK THE KOOL-AID! | Main | Infernal Intervention! We are spooky ghosts! And selfish! Really! »

Eric: Fair Warning.

Back in November, when we hit our 333rd post here on Websnark, we discussed the concept of Interventions. Specifically, we invoked an Intervention of Ralph, the Demon Prince of Apathy. Who, predictably, didn't give a fuck. We also mentioned the 111th post, Random reader question randomly answered, which due to numbering weirdness is trackback post #106, but which is in fact the 111th post. That was the Divine Intervention Post, which in In Nomine terms meant it was essentially selfless. And that actually was born out, I think -- it was a very short post on why we give a damn, and it was very much outwardly oriented.

Why do I bring this up?

Because numbering oddness aside, this post you are reading is the 665th post on Websnark. Or as we like to call it, "the Guy Who Lives Across The Street From the Beast."

Which means the next post is 666. The Infernal Intervention. Which in In Nomine terms means it's the selfish one. Or, as the demons like to claim, the post of Enlightened Self-Interest.

Don't expect us to be throwing the horns or hooting and shouting or junk like that. This is all about selfishness. It's a celebration in the truest American style -- Materialistic.

So. Don't go into it expecting equanimity or a plea to think of the children. That'll come later, after Liberal Guilt consumes me. And you know it will. Because I am weak. And fraught with guilt.

You know, 'fraught' is a fun word to type.

Anyway. Infernal Intervention is next. Let's all be there!

(Eat snacky smores.)

Posted by Eric Burns-White at April 5, 2005 3:44 PM

Comments

Comment from: Wednesday posted at April 5, 2005 3:59 PM

And liberal guilt would be the truest Canadian style, of course.

Comment from: Reave posted at April 5, 2005 4:13 PM

So, I've always wondered... does the Beast have a name? Mayhap we can start calling him "Marty" and then people wouldn't get so upset.

I mean, think about it. Which sounds worse:

"Oh God! Run for the hills! The Beast cometh!"

or...

"Oh God! Run for the hills! Marty cometh!"

Evil doesn't seem so bad, as long as you give it a funny name.

Comment from: TheNintenGenius posted at April 5, 2005 4:27 PM

I refer to the number 665 as being "The Holy Number of JSP." Of course, that's probably just because I really like/liked the (now non-updating) website 665.

Comment from: TheNintenGenius posted at April 5, 2005 4:29 PM

Hum. For some really strange reason, my link didn't work.

I shall try this again.

dur hurble doo just a link y'all

Comment from: larksilver posted at April 5, 2005 7:00 PM

And.. there he goes, crackin' me up again. Yay!

Comment from: larksilver posted at April 5, 2005 7:01 PM

Oh, and I meant to say that "fraught" is a pretty fun word, all around.

Comment from: neongrey posted at April 6, 2005 3:13 AM

You know, my street address is 665...

Comment from: Ray Radlein posted at April 6, 2005 3:33 AM

Oh, and I meant to say that "fraught" is a pretty fun word, all around.

In that case: http://www.math.uchicago.edu/~wald/lit/fraught.txt.