« And the Cable ACE award goes to... OLD STARSKY AND HUTCHES! | Main | On my way, in so many ways. »

Wednesday: [weds] Takeover! (page six)

Page six. Ideally, you should be pretending that she's listening to this. Or possibly "In the 21st Century" by Men Without Hats.

Posted by Wednesday Burns-White at March 16, 2005 6:17 PM

Comments

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 16, 2005 6:30 PM

Alternatives are "Art Star" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Break Me" (a remix of "Animal") by Front 242, "Ache Beautiful" by Mike Roe, or "The Grave and Beyond" by Zombina and the Skeletones -- basically, stuff that iTunes was throwing at me while I drew this.

But, I mean, I'm a big old fan of Bill Mallonee and I want to take every excuse to send you out to listen to his stuff, so of course I'm going to end up recommending you envision those lyrics first. Particularly the first two lines of verse two there. Because, dude, comic books.

Comment from: Lyndon W posted at March 16, 2005 8:34 PM

please note, because I love to say it, that Comic-Nation is a handy way to keep track of webcomic updates.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 16, 2005 9:28 PM

Lyndon: I'm hella reluctant to do that when this is just, ultimately, some combination of "weds gets over her stage fright so that she can work on Secret Projects" and "filler that went too far." :)

Comment from: Lyndon W posted at March 16, 2005 9:53 PM

Wait, this is filler? Is it drawn on paper or directly on the computer? It looks sketchy but the lines are a little too clean to just be a scanned sketch...

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 16, 2005 10:41 PM

This is all drawn in Alias Sketchbook Pro (dear world: please drop 90 on my head so that I can buy this gorgeous piece of gorgeousness; I will never again mock the lotto) and assembled in Photoshop (lettered there, panels put together there). Using a Wacom Graphire3 tablet.

Comment from: Chris Bishop posted at March 17, 2005 12:48 AM

hi. none of your posts make sense to me.

Comment from: Haver posted at March 17, 2005 6:01 AM

Seconded. It's almost like I've missed a paragraph somewhere.

Comment from: Chris Anthony posted at March 17, 2005 6:31 AM

Well, I don't know if it's the intended gag, but compare Wednesday's visible bookmarks to Eric's You Had Me And You Lost Me list. :)

Comment from: Jennifer posted at March 17, 2005 8:18 AM

I'm in agreement with Chris. I saw the bookmarks she had and started to giggle... in a *groan* kind of way.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 17, 2005 10:04 AM

Chris wins the cookie.

Comment from: Tangent posted at March 17, 2005 3:45 PM

Shoot. I noticed that and just didn't comment on it. I could have had a cookie! *sob* Oh well... mmm, tea...

Comment from: Mbouloukoue posted at March 21, 2005 2:23 AM

I'm more amused, really, by the fact that she has the Malleus Maleficarum in her bookmarks.