« [weds] Takeover! (page six) | Main | Oh my GOD! »

Eric: On my way, in so many ways.

I left my home in Monterey
just another low prospects man.
I'd rather work in the foundry
than put fishes in a can.
I'm thirty-five and I haven't traveled far,
and I've spent all my money on this misbegotten car.
I'm up against it all like a leaf against the wind
and this Studebaker keeps on breaking down again.
My Studebaker keeps on breaking down again.

So I'm packing up to head to Ithaca for a few days. Long time readers (like, back in September, so that's almost as 'long time' as Websnark gets, really) know that Ithaca holds special feelings for me, and this time I'm not going for any event more complicated than "hanging out with Frank, Rose, Bankert, Lisa and Seanna."

I'll be checking in here and there, of course. Frank has broadband like everyone else. And hand in hand with that the Indefatigable Wednesday White's going to make sure you get some goodness throughout, because she's a fine, fine person.

Of course, I'm doing this at T-4 days to the launch of Gossamer Commons, but I'll have plenty of opportunity to do the final touches on that on Sunday, so 6 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time) should be the launch. You'll get a message and link here, of course. Greg sent me two more strips last night, and they absolutely blew me away. I sent them to half the people I know so I could say "look at what he did! This rocks so hard!!!"

I head out about noon, so I'll try to say "hi" before I go. Still -- this is a bright and cheerful day here at Websnark Central. (Weds is in the European Office, you see.)

Posted by Eric Burns-White at March 17, 2005 10:00 AM

Comments

Comment from: Quellan posted at March 17, 2005 10:43 AM

You might even get lucky - we've seen sunlight regularly for the last few days...

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 17, 2005 11:24 AM

People only get lucky in Ithaca when there's sun?

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at March 17, 2005 11:37 AM

And that means Ithaca is the city with the LEAST SEX ON THE EAST COAST.

(Seriously. I've lived in Ithaca and Seattle. Ithaca got close to if not more rain than Seattle did.)

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 17, 2005 11:47 AM

Comment from: Darth Paradox posted at March 17, 2005 12:46 PM

Well, Seattle, at least, gets a reprieve in the summer. I don't know about Ithaca summers... but the one time I visited there was at the beginning of a blizzard. I got to drive back to I-90 through winding back roads in utter darkness and 15-foot visibility. Whee fun.

Comment from: Shadowydreamer posted at March 17, 2005 1:18 PM

Yes - but those of us in the Pacific Northwest aren't happy about the broiling hot, dry summers we've been getting since 95.. Its supposed to be wet and drippy here year round!

Comment from: Merus posted at March 17, 2005 10:33 PM

>Damn. I thought it was bad in England. At least they occasionally screw when it rains.

England's continued existance as a country implies that they still screw when it rains.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 18, 2005 11:36 AM

I'll have you know that the United Kingdom has a very strong immigrant population! (Says the immigrant.)