« I have this horrible feeling this is all supposed to be symbolic, too. | Main | I'm not going to post here every time... »

Eric: I just hope the bride keeps her maiden name, because dude -- "Van Buskirk" rocks as a name.

(From Real Life Comics. Click on the thumbnail for full sized brain breaking of best men!)

So, I admittedly had a lot on my mind this past weekend. I was officially on vacation in Ithaca, and at the same time I was trying to get Gossamer Commons up and running. I was busy. I was booked.

Still, it seems only appropriate to acknowledge the virtual nuptials (and real ones, to my knowledge, though for some reason I thought I'd heard that they were getting married in April instead) and wish the very best to the very real Greg and Elizabeth Dean. Greg's a great guy, and from everything I've seen, Elizabeth's the absolutely perfect person for him. And he for her. They work well together.

(Besides, he's managed to find a woman who'll dress up in Anime/SF-inspired costumes without being begged. That's, like, Nerd Paradise defined.)

Seriously, congrats to them both. May they know only happiness with one another. Except when arguing with each other can be turned into funny comic strips for us to read.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at March 22, 2005 3:32 PM

Comments

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at March 22, 2005 4:00 PM

Their engagement photos are here, by the way. She is a beautiful woman, and clearly deliriously happy to have gotten engaged to TV's Wil Wheaton.

Seriously -- you rock, Greg, but you're clearly Wil Wheaton. Speaking as someone who's been accused (by people who can't see my midsection) of being Jonathan Frakes, I can state without a shadow of a doubt that you have an ineffable Wilness.

Comment from: Shadowydreamer posted at March 22, 2005 4:06 PM

I had something witty and wonderful to say but couldn't figure out a way to say it without sounding negative.. so instead I'll retreat to a "Congratulations! The size of your smiles indicate the happiness you find in each other." ^_^

Comment from: Tangent posted at March 22, 2005 4:10 PM

Cute :)

Comment from: Greg Dean posted at March 22, 2005 5:29 PM

No apologies needed, Eric. After getting this haircut, I could be Wheaton's long lost brother. Back when I had long hair, I looked like the older brother from Boy Meets World. It seems I am doomed to living life as the guy who looks like someone else. :D

Thanks a ton for the well-wishes, though. :) I thought it was appropriate that since me met through the comic, it was only appropriate that the wedding be chronicled on a realistic timescale. :) Why else would I do comics on a weekend? :D

Wait'll you see the wedding pictures, though - you know that little image I posted for Sunday's comic? A guy in Austria sculpted a cake topper for us using it as a reference picture. It looks incredible. I'll post the wedding pictures as soon as we get 'em back from the photographer.

Comment from: Shaenon posted at March 22, 2005 6:10 PM

Those aren't engagement photos! Those are somebody's senior pictures!

Seriously, very sweet.

Comment from: Dave Van Domelen posted at March 22, 2005 6:40 PM

But does she have a space axe?

Comment from: David W Boyd posted at March 22, 2005 9:00 PM

By Clono's Carballoy Claws! I don't think you're firing on all jets there, fellow! Still, clear ether! I've got to flit!

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at March 22, 2005 9:12 PM

QX, friend! Watch for Zwilnicks!

Comment from: Sonictail~ posted at March 23, 2005 6:18 PM

Heh, to be honest with you I thought the marriage was in april aswell. Well said tho :)

Comment from: the_iron_troll posted at March 23, 2005 7:57 PM

Congratulations Greg. You both look very happy.