« Fast Con Notes from Saturday | Main | I'm not dead. »

Eric: Live from the Internet Room at Arisia... your reporters are stuck.

So I checked out of my room. I called for my car. I went downstairs, because I know that it's going to take many hours of driving to get to New Hampshire with all the blizzard and snow.

And I discovered, upon trying to leave, that the police were turning motorists away.

So, I'm still at the con, until at least six pm, my luggage safely in my car, and me broke and tired.

Pray for me. Pray for Bobo.

On the plus side, I got measured for a utilikilt. It was... liberating.

Posted by Eric Burns-White at January 23, 2005 2:02 PM

Comments

Comment from: Tangent posted at January 23, 2005 3:56 PM

Drive safely, Eric. My friend has to go to work driving in this stuff and it's a State Emergency. Go figure, but the management are idiots in almost all workplaces. Anyway, you be careful on the roads, okay?

Comment from: Alexander Danner posted at January 23, 2005 4:02 PM

Eric -- to reiterate my offer of earlier, you're welcome to crash at my place. It's free, and it's T accessible, so you won't need to drive to get here. You've got my e-mail, and you should have my phone number. Let me know if you're interested.

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at January 23, 2005 4:08 PM

That's very tempting, Alexander. Let me see how the roads are at 6 and how I'm feeling -- if it's not looking ideal, I'll give you a ring.

Comment from: John Bankert posted at January 23, 2005 8:22 PM

Ooohh... a utilikilt. Those are spiffy. I might treat myself to one after I've shed a few pounds.

Also, safe driving, be it tonight or tomorrow.

Comment from: Zeke posted at January 24, 2005 4:56 AM

I think that would be "Pray for Mojo," actually.

- Z

Comment from: Shadowydreamer posted at January 24, 2005 5:10 PM

All men look sexy in kilts.. fat, thin, short, tall, good knees, knobbly knees.. We Scots knew what we were doing :)

Comment from: mckenzee posted at January 24, 2005 8:32 PM

I have the perfect photo for the caption "Erik found his new kilt... liberating!"

Now I need to get my laptop back online.