« The Twelfth Commandment | Main | The Triumphal and the Surreal »

Eric: Dude. It has the little pump action thing to extrude cresent shaped 'doh.' How cool is that?

So, in addition to the money I collected and donated in full from the Websnark Auction, I donated money of my own to Child's Play. In my own case, I went in and bought stuff off one of the hospital's gift lists (the auction money I donated straight to them).

Well, I must have screwed one of the donations up, because I just got a Big Barrel O' Play-doh from Amazon.com.

Well, I'm going back onto Amazon.com to order another Big Barrel O' Play-doh for the hospital. But in the meantime, I'm sitting in my office with a barrel full of little barrels of Play-doh. And it makes no sense at all to send it back to Amazon. Not for the small amount of money this cost.

Which means I now own Play-doh. Pink, green, blue, red, white, and yellow Play-doh. Plus a huge number of molds, collanders, extruders and rollers to work with my Play-doh.

Dude. I own Play-doh.

Sadly, I have to wait until the end of work to head home and play with it. But its going to rock! Dude! Play-doh!

Posted by Eric Burns-White at January 5, 2005 3:13 PM

Comments

Comment from: BigNickNewt posted at January 5, 2005 6:48 PM

Play-doh does indeed rock.

Comment from: Syd posted at January 5, 2005 9:40 PM

I remember when I was a child, I had a Play-doh set that was restaurant themed. You could make french fries, hamburgers, ice cream, et al.

The moral is, don't try to eat Play-doh food. Or something.

Comment from: poinko posted at January 5, 2005 10:30 PM

You could always roll all the doh together and have like, a Giant SuperWadŁ. You'd probably need to keep it in a large Tuperware container though.

But you can attempt the Guiness record of 'Longest Star-Shaped Play-Doh Lump'.

Comment from: Dave Van Domelen posted at January 5, 2005 11:04 PM

A couple years ago, I got to buy Play-Doh extruder sets on the departmental dime, for WORK. :) Professor wanted a fluid mechanics lab, and after dismissing air as impractical and water as a slip-and-fall waiting to happen, I decided to go with the flow of Play-Doh.

Comment from: Kris@WLP posted at January 5, 2005 11:42 PM

So, are you going to make Play-Doh shortbread?

Comment from: tynic posted at January 6, 2005 12:06 AM

Aargh. Don't freak me out. I really hope the stuff I sent doesn't turn up on my doorstep, because I don't think I can afford the postage to send it all the way back to the States. At least, not by air.

Last year, my sister bought me a Play-Doh bug-modelling set, with plastic molds for carapaces and heads and wings ... it was awesome.

Comment from: Tim Tylor posted at January 6, 2005 8:11 AM

Glad Play-Doh's still going. I loved that as a kid back in the late 60s - early 70s; lovely texture and smell. I haven't seen any since, so of course they might have changed the formula - but I think you'll have a fun time. :)

Comment from: OBwankenoB posted at January 6, 2005 9:28 AM

Dude, you have to make a play-doh Snarky! That would be so cool!

Comment from: Fool_Marquis posted at January 6, 2005 10:11 AM

Thought you might want to hear something amusing Snarky, Garfield has been dropped from a major newspaper, for specifically the reasons you said it would achieve newspaper success. I predict that the paper will rescind it's position in an hour after the cat owners all call in.

For a link to the article just click on my name.

Comment from: Fool_Marquis posted at January 6, 2005 10:12 AM

For a link to the article just copy & paste

Comment from: John posted at January 6, 2005 3:15 PM

Given your experience with Amazon, don't you mean it extrudes crescent-shaped "D'oh!"

Comment from: Bc9b posted at January 6, 2005 8:13 PM

Always been a silly putty fan myself, but play-doh is always cool.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at January 6, 2005 11:57 PM

My mother always used to make homebrew Play-Doh for me out of flour, water, cream of tartar (?!), salt and food colouring. The end result was that, when I was eventually bought my own commercial stuff, I would eat it, then be confused because it didn't taste like the "real thing."

That's me: walking, talking, posting proof that Play-Doh is nontoxic.