« Trodding the caves: Ursula Vernon's Digger. | Main | It's raining in Maine... »

Eric: FAQ: Cast Page

So, I've received more than one note from folks that while it's all well and good for me to campaign for webcomic cast pages, I don't have one of my own here on Websnark.com.

"But..." I said in reply. "This isn't a webcomic."

"Put up or shut up," they replied.

So. Here's the cast page. Enjoy.

ericbiopic-april06.jpgEric Alfred Burns is one of the heroes of our story. Like all good English majors, he makes his living as a systems administrator. He also has a bad habit of writing. Born in a very small town in the very far north of Maine, Eric has lived in different places in Maine, in New Hampshire, in Ithaca and Syracuse, New York, and in Seattle, Washington. He currently lives in New Hampshire, but is wondering if his roots are beginning to get a touch long and therefore need uprooting.

While systems administration puts food on his table, Eric lists his occupation as writer. In addition to Websnark.com, Eric has written and published short fiction and poetry. He has also written for and designed Role Playing Games, including work for Decipher and Steve Jackson Games. He was one of the primary authors on the ENnie nominated Sidewinder: Wild West Adventures, and the subsequent Sidewinder: Recoiled won the Gold ENnie for best Electronic Game (non-free). He's listed as a contributing author on Recoiled, and would be much prouder if the sum total of his 'contributions' wasn't stuff from the first edition of the game which they rewrote parts of to make it sound less like the somewhat urbane Bat Masterson and more like Festus from Gunsmoke. But Hell, they got the gold with it, so why should he complain?

In the webcomics world, Eric writes a monthly column called "Feeding Snarky" and occasional features and reviews for Comixpedia, where they have learned to curse his procastinating name.

In addition, Eric has the unfortunate distinction of being an amateur novelist, but is deep into work on a novel that will hopefully change his professional standings. He has tried his hand at webcartooning himself, and epitomizes the old saw "those who can't draw, snark." He has learned from this mistake and is now hard at work at writing webcomics instead. He is hard at work on Gossamer Commons, as drawn by Greg Holkan and Peter Venables.

Eric has a cat named Sarah, which is short for Seraphim Kyriotate. He has yet to notice angelic behavior from her.

wedsbiopic-april06.jpgWednesday White is, at most, a cameo in all things. An uneducated boor, she used to sneak onto university newspapers' staff because the high school papers wouldn't let her in. Every few years, it occurs to her to write something. This time, it landed her in webcomics. "If I write about it for a little while, I'll learn how to do my own sensibly." You see where that gets you.

This way lay contributing to Comixpedia then throwing stuff at The Webcomics Examiner. She's worked as a free-floating associate editor for Comixpedia, and handles site maintenance and script editing tasks for Gossamer Commons.

She loves trashy religious pop culture (all religions; she's not fussy), Canadian public radio, and sorting through artistic trainwrecks.

The pair can be reached at "websnark" "at" "gmail" "dot" "com." It's like a reverse rebus, isn't it?

Posted by Eric Burns-White at August 30, 2004 2:19 PM

Comments

Comment from: Dragonshark posted at December 13, 2004 5:29 PM

shouldn't seraphim have a cast entry?

and reverse rebus is Suber

Comment from: MasonK posted at March 2, 2005 11:20 PM

You realize, of course, that your cast page is now out-of-date.

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 11, 2005 7:12 PM

Mason - it's being worked on.

Comment from: Tangent posted at March 12, 2005 2:09 PM

Hey, she's cute! ;)

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 12, 2005 3:22 PM

In the words of the proletariat:

what

Comment from: Coral posted at March 12, 2005 6:18 PM

...my goodness, it's Commander Riker!

Comment from: Wednesday posted at March 12, 2005 6:28 PM

I SHAVED THIS MOR -- oh. Him. Yes. Okay.

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at March 12, 2005 6:50 PM

Frighteningly, you're not the first to say so.

Comment from: Xeres posted at March 12, 2005 9:28 PM

I had no clue Eric did work for Steve Jackson Games... What kinda work? And when? If I'm allowed to pry... If not, just have me mafia'd... to death.

...Riker! That's the name! I'm sorry, I'm not 'old skool' enough to remember... But I agree. Very Riker-esque. Spooky.

Comment from: Eric Burns posted at March 12, 2005 9:36 PM

Xeres -- different In Nomine projects mostly. Most notably Superiors 4.

Comment from: Tangent posted at March 13, 2005 12:34 AM

Actually, Ms. White, you look quite a bit like my previous roommate (and yes, I thought *she* looked cute, too). Don't worry though, I just was commenting, is all. *chuckle*

Robert A. Howard

Comment from: Zeke posted at November 28, 2005 1:20 AM

It would be a good idea to mention somewhere here that you two are an item. I wasn't sure about that till a comment I read today -- it's not the easiest thing to run a search for.

- Z

Comment from: Wednesday White posted at December 23, 2005 8:16 PM

Zeke: I can't see why anyone who doesn't know us would care, honestly (barring the usual disparaging notions one comes across as a woman in a collaborative couple, which I'd hope people would be beyond by now) -- and anyone who does know us knows. :)

But, yeah. it's going in the FAQ when we revise it.

Comment from: Caltern [TypeKey Profile Page] posted at March 19, 2009 3:14 AM

Hello Eric,
I'm trying to find out where to go to find out more about Galor IV from Star Trek. Specifically where in the galaxy it is in relation to Betazed. I've been through Star Charts and haven't been able to find it. I've been looking around for an email addy to contact you with, since you wrote the impossible-to-find-now Star Trek Worlds, but I guess comments will do.

...also, a friend of mine recently started a new webcomic named "Red Moon Rising". If you haven't checked it out yet, you can find it at http://redmoonrising.nomadchronicle.com/